• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 With Heat shield

Jay H

.22LR
Purchased a Heat Shield from Aimpro and just got it installed. I think it's very nice!

heat004.jpg

heat003.jpg

carbinemike said:
Sounds great. Any problems?...and how about a picture too?
Well, you have to be careful and not cut the spacer too short or too long, this takes some careful measuring and cutting. Also to get the screws through both sides of the front mount so you can get the nut on, you have to use a pair of pliers to squeeze the bracket. I would recomend using locking pliers like I did as it allows you to free up both hands. In order to tighten the hardware down tight you will need a hex key and a socket wrench, one for screw head and one to keep the nut from turning as you tighten the screw or vise versa. It's worth the effort. Also you need to use a cotton patch or two as you slip the shield over the barrel or you will scratch up your barrel.

Thanks...and I must be going blind to have missed the link to the pics. Lookin' good and nice job!

Back