• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest addition = Mini CREE light with focus width lens and strobe function - can run on AA Alkaline, NiMH, and lithium 14500 batteries. 190 - 300 lumens depending on the power source. Just the AA is pretty impressive AND I'm waiting for my 4 rechargeable lithium 14500s from eBay (it runs off 1) - US shipped but taking too long - anxious to show my wife how to clear the house so she can roll her eyes and ask me to turn the lights back on. :D

8001238442_1051aed3a8.jpg

8001238834_d7dfaa4a46.jpg

8001239186_cc6cf5c9bc.jpg

I can reach the orange 'ON' switch with my left thumb and stay firmly on the front grip. The location only catches the very tip of the barrel - shadow is not an issue. A little light goes a long way!!

Thanks! It's in keeping with the spirit of the project - bang-for-the-buck, effective but not throwing money. I'll post some in-use pics once I get my HOT batteries! :evil:

Speaking of pics - camera mount may be next - home fabbed for a mini vid capable point-n-shoot!

I got to the range tonight with an old buddy and I tried out his Rock River Arms .458 SOCOM with Eotech red dot and his RRA 5.56 AR with iron sights. I am sold, I just need a pile of money now. The .458 is a beast and kicked about like my 590A1 with low brass and the Limbsaver pad. With the price of ammo I only put about 8 rounds through it but it was shear joy. The 500 grain rounds carved some nice dirt holes behind the targets. To bad the range only permits paper targets because that would be hellish fun shooting water jugs.

^ Or watermelons!

Looks like a good time. I've been trying to talk myself out of a .50 Beowulf upper for a couple years now. The little devil on my left shoulder keeps bringing it up. Really the only thing that's stopped me is that the little devil on my right shoulder likes handguns better and he's a LOT more convincing...

I liked the 50 beuowulf and 458 socom when I shot them.

My little voice liked 492 grain, .729 caliber slugs, from a 12 gauge better :lol:

^ Or watermelons!
I forgot about melons, the common enemy!

Really the only thing that's stopped me is that the little devil on my right shoulder likes handguns better and he's a LOT more convincing...
You need those little guys to make peace and agree that you should have both.

My little voice liked 492 grain, .729 caliber slugs, from a 12 gauge better
Good point!!!!

My friend has a bolt action CZ in .22 LR with a barrel length suppressor waiting for his name to get to the top of the BATF's list for approval. It's been something like 6 months of waiting for all the paperwork. I'm anxious to see that puppy too.

carbinemike said:
My friend has a bolt action CZ in .22 LR with a barrel length suppressor

Sounds like that is going to be a very quiet, and good gun.

:shock: Oooooh, daddy likes!

Man, I've got a soft spot for those triangle style handguards. Very nice Sir...

Welcome to the darkest corner of my basement!

8074374965_ece9e20fea_z.jpg

Not great photos but it shows what the light does indoors. The Mini Cree is amped up with stronger Li-Io batteries and I've got the lens focused on narrow. When I walk a dark house with this I smile. tried to get the sights and scope image in - one wobbly hand on the gun and one on the camera / tripod. The BUIS is close and the scope is a bit oval but when holding it BAM! It's lit and in the sights! The color in the scope shot tells the story. I scabbed them all together into one - will set up something outdoors soon. :cool:

*LATER*

Bah!! - forget wagging the gun in front of the tripod. Here's 3 with the gun fixed in place (a bit cockeyed) and me holding the camera!! Better. :D

8074617523_93a6b9732e.jpg

8074613604_a6ac67d704.jpg

8074600070_8af9cf6d98.jpg

Mini 400 Lumens CREE Q5 LED Zoomable Focus & Waterproof $7.14 closeout
UltraFire 18650 3000mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery $4 ea eBay
Magpul Rail $7
45* rail mount $8
TOTAL $26.14

mingaa said:
8074374965_ece9e20fea_z.jpg

Not great photos but it shows what the light does indoors. The Mini Cree is amped up with stronger Li-Io batteries and I've got the lens focused on narrow. When I walk a dark house with this I smile. tried to get the sights and scope image in - one wobbly hand on the gun and one on the camera / tripod. The BUIS is close and the scope is a bit oval but when holding it BAM! It's lit and in the sights! The color in the scope shot tells the story. I scabbed them all together into one - will set up something outdoors soon. :cool:

*LATER*

Bah!! - forget wagging the gun in front of the tripod. Here's 3 with the gun fixed in place (a bit cockeyed) and me holding the camera!! Better. :D

8074613604_9a469c9196.jpg

8074600070_5babfc3b66.jpg

8074617523_127579b803.jpg

Magpul Rail $7
45* rail mount $8
TOTAL $26.14

Nicely done!

For a second there I thought you were posting screen shots from a first-person shooter video game... :lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
mingaa said:

*LATER*

8074600070_5babfc3b66.jpg

Magpul Rail $7
45* rail mount $8
TOTAL $26.14

Nicely done!

For a second there I thought you were posting screen shots from a first-person shooter video game... :lol:

Excellent!! "Shoot the door = +20 energy"!!! LMAO! :lol:

Its almost finished!
I had a friend make my daughter a paracord sling using H&K type hooks, We both love it :)

100_2608.jpg

still need to get off my @$$ and have the headspace checked, I'm hoping to do that today ;) Then hopefully off to the range!

That looks awesome Vit!

Hey, if you get a chance please stop by our Slings sub-forum. We've got a member inquiring about parachord slings...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That looks awesome Vit!

Hey, if you get a chance please stop by our Slings sub-forum. We've got a member inquiring about parachord slings...
Thanks, I will have a look and pass along some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back