• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Well, I finally did it

BowtieBill

.270 WIN
Hello all,
My name is Bill, I live in Ventura County, Ca.
I just picked up my Mossberg yesterday.
It is a 590A1 with the light in the forend.
Please bear with me, sure I am going to have a bunch of questions, as this is my first shotgun. I consider it my first gun, I had inherited one years ago, but never fired it before selling.
We also picked up a Glock 19 yesterday as well.
Both my wife and I are enrolling in classes to learn the use of both of these.
I did a lot of research, and went to a shop to hold different ones (and lurked here). Mossberg 590 seemed like what I wanted. Went to the Gun Show, a local shop had this one with the light (which I wasn't planning on), for a decent price. I am like a kid at Christmas, can't wait to get to in the class and put some rounds through it.

Welcome aboard!

Starting off with a 590a1 and a G19, I like you already! Both excellent choices Sir. The Glock 19 was my first handgun and is still my favorite shooter. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your new 590a1. Take a look through the various sub-forums when you get a chance. We've got a Glock thread in our Other Weapons sub-forum that's just wait'n for pics of your G19. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Thanks for the welcome L. E. S.,
I will work on getting some pics posted.
I have a friend who does competitive shooting, who highly recommended the Glock. The 19 seemed to be a good compromise of fit for my wife and I . Seems comfortable to both of us.
After reading through the forum, I plan on adding a Limbsaver to the 590A1. Printed out the template, think the #10201 will fit.
Hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Bill

Welcome from MI!!!

Good choice on the 590

I don't know how much you can learn from us, we just kinda make it all up as we go. :lol:

You're gonna love that Limbsaver. I use them on several of my long guns and they sure do the trick. Glad to have you on board Sir. It's good to see you getting your wife involved from the beginning. Nothing bonds a marriage together like the smell of spent gunpowder. We look forward to seeing you around and keep us posted on your progress...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome on board.

Honestly, the 590A1 and the GLOCK19 represent two of the finest choices of serious guns in their respective categories. Really, it's practically impossible to select anything better for self defense.

I like your style!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

nitesite said:
Welcome on board.

Honestly, the 590A1 and the GLOCK19 represent two of the finest choices of serious guns in their respective categories. Really, it's practically impossible to select anything better for self defense.

I like your style!

That's good to hear. My wife complains I beat things to death with a stick (meaning I research the heck out of it) before I buy them. Sometimes it pays off. Sounds like I made a couple of good choices when the experts say so.
Now I need to post some questions for you all in the appropiate threads.
Once again, thanks.
Bill

Howdy BowtieBill and welcome to the club!!

Back