• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Smith & Wesson

The Mite's as quiet as a church house mouse, especially on my rifles.

All I hear is the clack of the action and the thump as the round impacts the target. The Mite has a key that opens up the core so the baffles can be removed for cleaning. It's a pretty cool feature, but nothing a good soak would take care of otherwise. I hate waiting on NFA paperwork to come back, but it's well worth it. Gonna be filling out a couple forms on my next build, so it may take a while... :(

When I left the house this morning I had no intentions of buying a gun. That kinda changed. I traded my Ruger 9mm (and came out REALLY good on it) for a M&P 9 w/range kit. The feel of the gun sold me on it. Going to clean it and head to the range later.

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

jimmydeuce said:
When I left the house this morning I had no intentions of buying a gun. That kinda changed. I traded my Ruger 9mm (and came out REALLY good on it) for a M&P 9 w/range kit. The feel of the gun sold me on it. Going to clean it and head to the range later.

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

Nice range kit! You will love it!!

Thanks gents. Somehow beer and football got in the way of me getting to the range today. Hope to get there tomorrow or Monday. There's a good chance of the beer and football thing happening again though. :D

New to me S&W 5906 9mm. I have been looking for one for awhile and all I have found were police trade-ins that were very worn. This one was not a police trade-in. It looks new other than a couple small shiny spots on the frame.
IMG00076-20121006-1735.jpg

Very nice M&P and 5906, gents! I love the 9mm cartridge. Thanks for the pics.

Thanks for the compliments on my 5906, fellas. I found another good buy at the LGS, and put it on layaway.
S&W 4516-1 in 85% or better condition, stainless, 5 mags, Hogue grips, $374 out the door. I hopefully will have it in hand in the next few days. I want to find a leather or Kydex holster and a factory grip, both of which seem hard to find. Any help there will be appreciated.
I am very happy to find this one as they seem to be hard to find. I am now on the lookout for a 3913 and a 4506. :)

Thanks for the link, LES. Numrich Gun Parts has them in stock for less than $25. Dunno what shipping will cost for them though.

Here it is. It took over an hour at the LGS for them to find the gun's box and extra magazines, but they threw in a free one year extended warranty and cleaning for me. I was happy with that. Now for a holster, mag carrier, and a set of factory grips. :)

IMG00123-20121026-1255.jpg

That S&W looks amazing! Very nice acquisition.

Man, I would shoot the heck out of that one and love every minute of it.

Thanks, Nitesite!
I plan to shoot it as much as I can afford to. The same LGS had a Model 629 Classic with the 8 inch barrel and Hogue grips for $599. It looked new and was marked as a used gun. Had to drag myself off of that one.

I can't believe that you got that 4516-1 for $374 with five magazines.

You suck. And I mean it. :D

Just to make me feel better (cuz I'm shallow and superficial that way) I'm going to just say this:

If that were my 4516 I would be shooting my hard cast 230-gr loads thru it for around $6 per hundred rounds.

'Bout what quality .22LR ammo costs........ :lol:

:mrgreen:

I don't suck, I am just a smart shopper! :D
I don't mind having older guns, as long as they are in good shape.
I have been looking into starting to reload. I have some limited experience at it, so it is nothing new and I understand the process. It's the getting started that is expensive, but Xmas is around the corner.

Back