• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

I'm not experienced with shotguns, but I have about 50 years of experience with firearms, including combat. I acquired my first shotgun last month, and it's strictly for HD/yard security use. I replaced the rifled 24" barrel with an 18.5" and added a sling and a small light. The stock was already a short LOP. It's done. I loaded it with #3 buck and stacked some slugs on the shelf.
mossberg.jpg

Re: Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Recently purchased a 500. I bought the Phoenix Tech. adjustable stock. Install was a breeze. I also purchased their tactical forearm. I have a problem w installing. Do I need to purchase the action slide tube assembly?
And is there vids of this particular brands install?

Can't load pics from phone for some reason. Thanks for your help!!

If your 500 came with a pinned forend, then yes you will need to purchase a slide tube assy. Don't know of any videos out there, but our board owner Dan has installed one of these sets. I'm sure he'd be glad to answer any specific questions you may have...

I've been curious as to what you guys have set up for light accessories... guess I've come to the right place. I'll be using an ergo forend, once it's here, because I really wanted to make use of the magpul AVG. But I'm hesitant to want to add a light to the foregrip. I would assume there to be a lot of movement of the light while racking the gun, as supposed to a forward mounting option like rossignol has, which seems like a more stable place. Any real world experience with this? What kind of light mounts would you suggest? I'm sort of limited because I LOVE my 4sevens Quark 123 light (might do a review on this.... if interested) which doesn't have a standard 1" body. The only mount I've found that works is the vtacs offset mount... which means i'd be looking at a rail attachment of the mag tube/barrel.

***EDIT***... Click here for my little review on the 4Seven Quark 123

I'll make sure to look through there, I figured there would be some info out there already... still learning the search function of this forum :oops:

Hey all!

Awesome board, I have really enjoyed reading it for the past week, and can't wait to be involved with it.

So here's my first post to get me started...

I have a 500 Persuader, Model 50411. Stock everything except for a sweet rail on the front with a pistol Ka-Bar (Pic to follow). I am building this gun up to be a survival shotty, with everything you need to grab-and-dash out the door.

A Key component to this is having the ability to signal, with flares. I have heard horror stories about shooting flares out of 12-Gauge shotguns with chokes. This is not something I plan on doing all the time (in fact maybe never because this is for extreme emergency only), but I want to be sure this model is capable of doing it.

I have a Cylinder bore with no rifling, and I just want to be sure there isn't some sort of built in choke I'm not thinking about. Excuse my ignorance, but this is my first shotgun, so I am new to them and chokes.

Thanks in advance!
mossberg500_KaBar1024JPG.jpg

Thats a sweet ...I mean... intimidating knife! How long's the blade...3"? I've been trying to decide what kind of combat knife to get there are SOOO many options!

Lol, I do think there's a blade section as well....MO has us covered from every angle!

Just like everyone else, I've been looking for a police style forend. Does any know (or tried) if you can modify a 20 gauge forend to fit the 12? I've seen lots of the wood police style forend for the 20... just curious. I might even just buy one for $10 and try it :twisted:

Sn3aKyGuY said:
...some sanding...

^^ This ^^

I would say if it is only $10 and you can stomach a potential failed experiment, I'd take a stab..err.. Heavy Grit at it! :D

Back