• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Well that makes sense,

A = 12ga
T = Trap
P = Pigeon

Glad you were able to get the info direct from Mossberg. Be sure to update us once you have that beauty in your hands...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
A = 12ga
T = Trap
P = Pidgeon

A-ha!

Is that really what the 'T' and the 'P' stand for? Not 'Police', 'Tactical'...?

You have to wonder why they didn't bother to stamp the full model info onto the weapon in the first place.

Imagine Shelby omitting to 'stamp his signature' on one of his fire-breathing Cobras...

Honestly, it could be either.

Going by the info you received from Mossberg, it would seem that Trap/Pigeon makes the most sense. Aside from the first letter indicating gauge/caliber, Mossberg's second and third letter labeling system has always been speculative. It sometimes denotes a special purpose, other times it denotes a specific retailer. They're inconsistent at best...

Re: my new Mossberg 500 Blackwater Series

TacStar side shell holder

IMG_9228.jpg

installed

IMG_9237-1.jpg

UTG rail

IMG_9245.jpg

installed

IMG_9252.jpg

more stuff coming newt week :mrgreen:

What kind of 500 do I have?

So I bought a new Mossberg 500 today because it had all the features I wanted, but it's an odd bird....wondering what model it is.

It's a 12ga pump, pistol grip, 20" barrel, bead sight....it has an extended mag tube to hold I think 8 shells....the foregrip is also a FAB PR-MO with a rail for a light.

I'm gonna change the grip to a Black Hawk SpecOps but wondering what model 500 I bought? Haha

Re: What kind of 500 do I have?

Got any pics? Did you purchase from a gun shop, gun show or individual? Is it new or used?

When you unscrew the lug on the magazine, does it come off with the barrel or does a cap come off and then the barrel slides off?

What you describe doesn't sound like its entirely factory.

Mr. Huxtable. Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

thanks Rossingol!

I bought it from a gun shop in town, I'm assuming its new because it came with the cardboard box with all the goodies....all the paperwork & lock etc were in the original unopened plastic....so if it was used, it seems not to be used very much.

here are photos of the gun, foregrip and the magazine lug.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

Welcome aboard!

That's a model 50595. It's a 9-Shot 500 Cruiser Tri-Rail with a parkerized finish. Good lookin boomstick...

Yes Sir,

Let us know if there's anything we can help you find...

Good pics and good lookin gun! And! Good work LES!

I too. Have a Persuader, but just a plain blued model. Only things I've put on it are a Hogue stock and Hogue forend. Never really felt like messin with the mojo of that one! ;)

My 20 ga. is marked only 500C. It was in a pawn shop, and had the 24" ported rifled barrel, and a synthetic stock with two different butt-pads and a spacer. I'm assuming from the stock that it's a Super Bantam. I guess they don't mark them differently? I put the thicker buttpad and the spacer in, which took it to a 13" LOP, added a sling and light, and changed out the barrel for an 18.5".
mossberg.jpg

Aside from adjustable stock, the only other difference I can see from the regular 500C is that the forearm is closer to the receiver.

ELITE TACTICAL ADVANTAGE Tactical Metal Safety

IMG_9281.jpg

IMG_9288.jpg

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Ultimate Professional Stock

IMG_9273.jpg

Aim Sports 3-Rail Forend Grip

IMG_9275.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

IMG_9267.jpg

just a few more things and i am done with with project , it has been a fun build . shot it today and now it is time to put some cold beer on my shoulder .

Midwest Freak said:
shot it today and now it is time to put some cold beer on my shoulder .

Just use ice and drink the beer. It works twice as fast that way... :D

292708_10152196809485164_850474454_n.jpg

198780_10152196813835164_2040703805_n.jpg

so i looked around through the forum and the best i can figure is that i have a persuader here... can anyone confirm this... barrel is 20in

techadjunkie said:
292708_10152196809485164_850474454_n.jpg

198780_10152196813835164_2040703805_n.jpg

so i looked around through the forum and the best i can figure is that i have a persuader here... can anyone confirm this... barrel is 20in

Yes Sir,

It's a 500 Persuader. The model # is 50577 unless it also came with a pistol grip. The PG combo package model # is 50579...

Back