• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Finally some pics of my Thunder Ranch!

First Off that is GREAT looking shotgun! Heat shield is a nice touch!!

2nd, how do you like that Brownells Safety?? Is it worth the couple bucks?

I love the safety.. it is far superior to the crappy plastic thing that mossberg puts on the gun.

Actually the Brownells was completely backordered so I got this off ebay. If you search tactical safety for a mossberg 500 you will see it pop up.. It was also $4 cheaper than brownells... they don't make it anyways, they just put their name on it. The guy that I bought it off of who was selling all of these said he got tired of waiting for brownells to stock it so he found the source...

Install was about a 2 minute job honestly. You can reverse the safety if you want to have the hump in the front or back..etc.

I was expecting a devil of a time to remove the mag tube from the horror stories... all I did was take a propane torch and heated the lower tube for about 30 seconds and then put the stock in my lap, and just unscrewed the tube with my hands. VERY easy, and I just screwed it back on without putting loctite back on.. didn't see a need for it.

-Nigel

Very nice.

In photo #5, I noticed that your safety is in the forward "Fire" position.

Hope you just did that for the photo and that, before doing so, you confirmed that your chamber was empty.

Enjoy your 500.

Dave 02 1200 said:
Very nice.

In photo #5, I noticed that your safety is in the forward "Fire" position.

Hope you just did that for the photo and that, before doing so, you confirmed that your chamber was empty.

Enjoy your 500.

Of course. I treat every firearm as if it is loaded. My safety is my finger, not some manual catch. I never rely nor expect a manual safety to protect against an AD, that's what my brain and finger are for...lol But there was nothing in the mag tube ;-p

I really want to go to the range next week and fire this! I'm so excited!

-Nigel

Just finished changing mine up a little. Hogue short LOP stock, side saddle, Spector Gear 2 point sling and a new scabbard.

DSC00842.jpg

Very nice.

Just curious though, is there a reason you alternated the orientation rounds in the side saddle?

I had just gotten back from the range and asked my brother in law to load the side saddle up alternating buck and slugs while I grabbed my camera. He probably thought it looked cool that way LOL. It's brass up at home. I will insert slugs and shot differently at the range just so I know at a glance what's what.

This is the 500 I keep in the bedroom. My dad bought it for me as a Christmas gift sometime around 1980; I still have the wood furniture and the factory barrel. This barrel is a 28" VR from a Maverick 88 that I cut down, removed the vent rib, and drilled/tapped for a bead.
It has the Knoxx stock from before BLACKHAWK! bought them. That's pretty much it for mods. :D

photo.png

Looks good with he heat shield on it. You did a nice job on the barrel.

Edit: Corrected spelling error.

Great lookin boomsticks fellas!

Hey Anopsis,

I just noticed your sig line, Rockcastle!? That's awesome! I've been wanting to make the drive up there to let my .308 off the leash. We're pretty short on range distance down here...

Anopsis said:
@LES It's a pretty nice facility. Come on up!

I really need to.

Been a while since I looked at the site. Is the 500-1000yd range still only open to club members?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Anopsis said:
@LES It's a pretty nice facility. Come on up!

I really need to.

Been a while since I looked at the site. Is the 500-1000yd range still only open to club members?

Officially, yes. I've been told they do make exceptions.

I realize it's a vague answer, but it's all my contact in the office said. Come on up and we'll just go together!

Back