• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Taurus / Rossi Firearms

You're the new John Wayne! :)

Seriously, your gun looks like it would be a really fun addition to anyone's collection. I'd love to have it along if I went camping along with a couple shoe boxes of reloaded ammo!

What are you shooting thru it, if you don't mind me asking.

If this firearm looks familiar to some of you, it's because of the 60's

TV series called Wanted: Dead or Alive starring a very young Steve McQueen

as Josh Randall, a Civil War veteran who carried a sawed-off rifle as a holstered weapon

and made a living as a bounty hunter in the Wild West of the 1870s. The show ran

from 1958 to 1961. McQueen faked a car accident to put the series into hiatus while

he went on to film The Magnificent Seven.

WantedDeadorAlive-1.jpg

nitesite said:
You're the new John Wayne! :)

Seriously, your gun looks like it would be a really fun addition to anyone's collection. I'd love to have it along if I went camping along with a couple shoe boxes of reloaded ammo!

What are you shooting thru it, if you don't mind me asking.

Hey nitesite...!!

No...I'm the new Steve McQueen... :cool:

I have 1000 rounds of both .44 Magnum and .44 Special 240 grain LRN at my disposal...this bad boy is gonna get scorched tomorrow...!!

( BTW... thanks for the compliments everyone !! )

I had an opportunity to fondle one of these the other day. Man, it was hard to put it down...

Congratulations Sir!

Re: Taurus

COFirefighter said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
When will you have a chance to get out and put some rounds through the new 809?

I only put 120 rounds through it today. That's all I had time for. She performed flawlessly. I'm really happy with my decision. I'm looking at the 809 right now sitting in her case right now, all cleaned and oiled and looking pretty....

Nice Gun CO - enjoy it!

I'm looking to buy a rig for my new Mare's Leg... here's a few I've seen:

MARESLEGPHOTO3.jpg

MARESLEGHOLSTER.jpg

I think the ears of Harvest Corn are extra tho... :cool:

That is AWESOME!!!

I can't wait to see you all decked out in your ten gallon hat and cowboy action shooting gear... :lol:

Thanks SNIPER...!!
cowboy2.gif

Both rigs have their plus and minus(es)...the top one uses a hook to catch the saddle ring ( which may or may not be secure enough when moving around faster than a walk ), and the bottom one has two breakaway clamps...which may take some speed away unless you practice the pull ( if you pull to close to the top, the bottom clamp may or may not come away as easy ). Gotta do more research...

SHOOTER13 said:
If this firearm looks familiar to some of you, it's because of the 60's
TV series called Wanted: Dead or Alive starring a very young Steve McQueen
The show ran from 1958 to 1961.

Just how old do you think we are around here? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a few years before I was even thought of.... :lol: :lol:

1289.jpg

Taurus has steadily improved in recent years. They have a WIDE assortment of products and are among the few gun manufacturers that makes (ground up) all their own parts so QC is in house. The Judge line (more than one model) has been popular - a bit gimmick-y for me but I know people that use and carry them. I was buying ammo tonight and there were a couple of guys trying to decide what ammo combo to take to a female friend for her birthday party. There is a PDX 45 Colt / 410 dual pack marketed for the Judge line alone "but she shoots more 45 than 410 doesn't she..." wow-haven't heard that one before, cool!

I'm waiting for my 1st Taurus purchase right now. I needed a summer pocket / conceal gun smaller than my Kahr CW9 and shopped a good bit. Some of the hotties were too high $$ IMHO. I wanteed to like the Ruger LC9 but the trigger is like a Kel Tec copy and I sold those (better now, I hear). I was surprised when I found the Taurus SLIM 709 (9mm) - comes in 40 also. It's small enough to pocket, has drawn a LOT from Glocks - trigger and breakdown are almost identical. It's the only striker that (I know) allows for a second strike on a FTF, not a bad feature ALSO it has a thumb safety and while I'm not a big fan of safeties that makes it a more viable pocket pistol IMHO. MSRP - high as usual. Found some better prices that got it in the mix then I saw it at Palmetto State Armory for $270!! Needless to say one is on the way this week (a IWB and a couple of more mags as well). I'll take it to the range with my KAHR and post a shootout test. Good reviews (mixed with the usual crap much of which is easy to discount) plus lifetime warranty:

Woooo.. now THAT's a gun!

mingaa, I have a 709 Slim and would love to hear what your impressions are.

This is the only handgun I've ever owned. It's a Model 82 with the 3" heavy barrel. I bought it new in 1973 for $65 at Jensen's in Tucson. It's never given me a bit of trouble and shoots a lot better than I do.

taurusright.JPG

Put it alongside my 20 gauge Model 500 and my Ruger 10/22, and I feel like I have all the necessary bases covered with simple workman's tools.

Back