• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Springfield Armory...

I have been very pleased with my DX40sc as well and I even got it used in a trade, I never checked to see when they started building the XD's But mine is from 2007.

John A said:
VitSports6, I really like your M1. Nice looking piece.

Thank you sir :mrgreen:

Before Springfield Armory got the exclusive rights to sell them, they were imported as the HS-2000 in Knoxville, TN. I'm unsure what year Springfield bought the rights.

Here is an interesting historical reference article from Gun Tests in June 2000
http://www.xd-hs2000.com/hsarms/news/gw_9_00.html
disclaimer: This is an archive of the HSARMS.com website. HSARMS.com is no longer on the internet. HSAMERICA the original importer of the HS 2000 is no longer in business. All contact and warranty information found on this archive is no longer valid. Springfield Armory is the new importer of the pistol that has been renamed the XD series. Springfield Armory will now honor the HS 2000 under their Lifetime warranty. Go to www.springfieldarmory.com for more information. The information used in this archive was provided from the backed up files of several hs2000talk.com members off old harddrives, posts and e-mails. I would like to thank them, the biggest thanks goes to ED. This archive is to be used for informational purposes only.

Anybody using the PRP tape grip kits on your XD/M's? I just put a set of the rubberized ones on my XD40sc and mags. Trigger kit is next.

XDsc.jpg

I use the Hogue universal grip all.

Two of my favorite firearms, one up close and personal and one reach out and touch you. :mrgreen:

SA TRP in a elephant accent IWB holster

IMGP0050.jpg

SA M1A loaded standard in Sage EBR chasis

IMG_1514.jpg

^ Be still my heart...

Two outstanding firearms Sir. I think my keyboard may short out from all the drool...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
^ Be still my heart...

Two outstanding firearms Sir. I think my keyboard may short out from all the drool...

Uhh... yeah, that! :shock: Drool! Love em both, and the M1 like Vit's or the M1A in an EBR is among my must haves!!!

I dont like a whole lot of wood furniture, but the color on Vit's is outstanding and M1A's are very similar!

Review of my XD after 250 rounds

I have now put 250 rounds through my XD 9mm Subcompact after going to an indoor range this morning. I have had no failures or jams and I am still pleased with my purchase. The gun feels very comfortable in my hand and the trigger feels great. I like having the grip safety, since when I am shooting it, I can not tell that it is there. After fixing my grip with nitesite last week, the recoil is very smooth and light. There seems to be less recoil than I felt with the S&W Sigma and the Glock I have shot. I think this has to do with the gun being top heavy.
The only problem is that the gun shoots low using the cheap Blazer ammo. Using higher quality ammo, this is less of a problem, but still a little low. For me, it was an easy adjustment and now I am doing much better with it. After I had started feeling a little cocky today, I did extend the range and I did surprisingly well for my standards. (which is most likely lower than most standards) I was still keeping within the vital areas at 25 yards. The only other issues are my fault.
I noticed today that it takes me a while to warm up and start shooting well. I need to practice more so that this won't be a problem... You don't get to warm up when a bad guy attacks. It was the same for my S&W 642 and my Ruger Mark III today where it took me about 25 rounds through each gun to start shooting well. I was shooting at silhouette targets and when I started with each gun I was in the 8 ring with each gun, but once I got warmed up I was shooting consistent headshots.
Overall, I feel very good about my XD, now I just need to practice more and work on my personal issues and gain some confidence.

Re: Review of my XD after 250 rounds

sounds like a good start to a Saturday.

Glad to hear you're liking the XD. I think they're great guns. Mine is one of my favorites.

Sounds like a great day!

Glad that the XD's treat'n you well...

Sounds like a good day at the range. Glad you're liking the XD.

Great report, honkey! You'll soon get to a point where the first few shots are right where you want them when using the sights. Then you'll get almost as good inside of five yards point shooting without even being aware of the sights.

That's a fine nine you have in the XD. I liked watching you shoot it and seeing you really enjoying yourself and the gun being 100% reliable. I liked your 642 as well. Great revolver. You know that the 2" snubbie can shoot quite accurately with a little practice!

Yeah, I have the opposite problem.

I tend to blow out the bull on my first couple shots and get progressively worse the longer I shoot. Hands and arms get tired, gets harder to concentrate, etc. Was out shooting the MK VII today and I didn't last very long. A 6 pound pistol will really test your stamina... :lol:

Nice man! I love gettin to that point with a firearm, like an "ah ha" moment and you are able to identify what needs to be adjusted and you can see the progression!

Thats what makes shooting so gratifying for me! Every shot is practice towards acheiving a goal, you keep shooting... tryin to keep everything the same each time except for that miniscule adjustment. The way you breathe, or hold the sight picture, or when you pull the trigger straight back the first time without flinching. At first youre concious of every detail but with practice you begin doin it all by muscle memory and with a clear head!

I can almost romanticize the process!!! :lol:

Good times man... ;)

Every gun is different.

They handle differently

Aim a little differently

Shoot Differently

They're just different.

Even having multiple guns of identical makes/models don't shoot exactly the same.

Don't worry too much about having to warm up a little. That's common. I've been shooting for the better part of 30 years and I'm guilty of that too even to this day.

Probably because I'll pick one of my guns and will shoot it a lot, then will have another favorite for a while and by the time I work my way back around to the first gun, it's like I have to familiarize myself with it again and although I can usually grab any of them and (relatively) hit what I'm aiming at, it takes me a few shots to REALLY get back in the groove of things.

Shooting long guns doesn't seem to affect me the same way as shooting pistols though, but I'll be the first to admit, I have always preferred long guns over handguns of all types. I have always been a rifleman at heart.

Back