• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's Your Favorite Genre of Music?

Itsricmo

.30-06
Just something I always like to discuss! I searched for a similar topic but came up with nothing, please forgive me if I missed it!! Let's say... What are your top 3 most listened too or favorite genre of music? (Rock, Metal, Country, Rap, etc...)

I would have to say my favorites are:

1) Melodic Death Metal (As I Lay Dying - Sound of Truth)
2) Heavy Metal (Five Finger Death Punch - White Knuckles) *MikeD Approves* haha :lol: :lol:
3) Dub-Step (Chrispy - Rollout)

Who'da guessed the last one, eh? lol :D

anything but most rap and that kind of style.

I listen to a lot of music.

Pipes and drums is pretty good for the soul though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkU5IHkZk8[/youtube]

You're an interesting man John, that's for sure. :D

I like the pipes too, but from the Celtic highlands. Listening to Miles, Coltraine, and a little Nina Simone today. Yesterday I was in a Wu-Tang mood, and the day before it was all Pantera. I'm kina all over the place...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You're an interesting man John, that's for sure. :D

I like the pipes too, but from the Celtic highlands. Listening to Miles, Coltraine, and a little Nina Simone today. Yesterday I was in a Wu-Tang mood, and the day before it was all Pantera. I'm kina all over the place...

I'm kinda all over the place too.

As for the native american music, that's part of who I am. I also like a lot of old timey gospel, rock, metal, especially southern rock, country, bluegrass, etc.

I guess interesting would be one way to describe me. :lol:

Ooooh! Ilike pipes and drums too! Can't think of any names and all my stuff is saved on my computer...

I really like Appalachian fiddle and banjo music, and clogging music. Music not unlike the the step dancing music of Nova Scotia which I believe originates from the Scotts. One band I really like is The Real McKenzies. Imagine songs like Farewell to Nova Scotia but from a punk band! Which leads to another genre...

I like punk, including the band mentioned above as wellas similar bands like Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys, I love Scotland the Brave and Amazing Grace from bands like this. I really like punk, but so many have a political ideaology that is diametrically opposed to mine. I can't listen to Rage Against the Machine or Green Day and others anymore, I can't seperate my feelings from my entertainment.

I especially like The Clash and while the were politically charged, much of their music seems very appropriate in todays political climate. Take the song Clampdown for example.

I also like ROCK!!! Anything that rocks! Some country music rocks, The Ramones rock, Linkin Park, New Medicine, Redlight King, and way too many to mention!

I'm a little less all over the place.

At the moment I listen to a lot of Country.
I also listen to Rock/Southern Rock and a little Metal.

I love going to concerts! Recently I've seen Eric Church, Justin Moore and I also saw Kiss & Motly Crüe this summer.

My fiance saw Eric Church and Brantly Gilbert in Ohio a few months ago. She LOVES Country!! I like a lot of Metal/Death Metal/Rock.

I used to listen to "Classic Rock" like 80's music, Poison, Aerosmith and the such :p

Itsricmo said:
My fiance saw Eric Church

One of the guys I used to play music with when I was in high school plays guitar for Eric Church while on the road some. Eldons' a good guy.

My best friend Fred taught him how to play. Fred had a chance to move to Nashville right after HS graduation playing as a studio musician, but passed it up to get married.

http://www.eldonhuffband.com/home.cfm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWjtWONuGc[/youtube]

I can listen to pretty much anything except for Jazz and country.

Classical, rock and blues are my top 3.

I'll listen to most music. The only thing I'm really not fond of is country, but there is good music there too.

When listening to the radio, I look for Top40, classic rock, or classical. When I'm at the house or at friends, we listen to electronic/techno music. My friends go for mostly trance and house, but I like the really fast tempo stuff with heavy bass lines. I usually listen to the DI.fm happy hardcore, electro house, and dubstep channels through itunes.

Happy hardcore? Hmmm....interesting.

I loved the 80's hair bands. Not so much anymore. Way overplayed.
I can listen to most anything thathas a good beat, catchy lyrics, but not straight up rap. Lame.
I like hip hop, dubstep, metal, country (some) I love the 70's stuff. Good fun music.

My newest favorite bands...
All that remains. Killswitch engage. Breaking benjamin. Bullet for my valentine. Aesop rock. Gorillaz. Ernie and the automatics. Hot action cop. Paper tongues

Thats it for now....

WOO!!! 2 Votes for The WUB WUB Dub Step!! :p

Skrillex, Chrispy and Bassnectar are Awesome! Gemini is another lesser known group that has some pretty good tunes

Back