• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

RippSpeed, The link shows all of the barrels available for the 930. The Slug Barrel is the only barrel that is rifled. The Waterfowl, Turkey and Security Barrels are smooth bore. The Security Barrel is a Cylinder Bore (just a pipe basically) that does not have the ability to add a choke to without modification while the Waterfowl and Turkey barrels come threaded for choke tubes and Modified or Ultimate Full Chokes included from the factory. The ACCU-Choke tubes are flush mount (recessed inside the barrel) while the Turkey Choke is also available in an XX Full (extra extra) which actually extendeds beyond the end of the barrel. Hope that helps.

Paul

raven01750 said:
RippSpeed, The link shows all of the barrels available for the 930. The Slug Barrel is the only barrel that is rifled. The Waterfowl, Turkey and Security Barrels are smooth bore. The Security Barrel is a Cylinder Bore (just a pipe basically) that does not have the ability to add a choke to without modification while the Waterfowl and Turkey barrels come threaded for choke tubes and Modified or Ultimate Full Chokes included from the factory. The ACCU-Choke tubes are flush mount (recessed inside the barrel) while the Turkey Choke is also available in an XX Full (extra extra) which actually extendeds beyond the end of the barrel. Hope that helps.

Paul
Paul;
thanx for the info ... I'm almost there with my AR 15 build just need a scope to come in and the I have to get a 24" NON Ported Barrel and threaded for chokes for my 930spx. Do you know what part number I need to place with Mossberg ???

Well, the non ported would be the issue. You should call OFM because I'm 99.9% sure that the standard 24" Turkey Barrel IS ported. So you would have to special order.

BUT when you do, you should consider just sending it on to AIMPRO or VANG COMP and have the forcing cone extended. That's the next thing on my list for my 28" barrel. Just forcing cone and polishing work by AIMPRO isn't too expensive. And the Vang Comp mod of forcing cone extension and back boring has been determined by many around here to improve shot patterns and increase range with almost all standard shot types. But that's going to cost you as much as the barrel.

The only reason I mention it is because improving the short forcing cone basically makes your barrel like the high end over/unders for skeet and trap. If your looking to build the best, then the answer would be just do it. FWIW. Good Luck.

Paul

does anyone know the part number for the road blocker barrel??? I would like to order one and use it when I plan on going to open division in 3gun

Hello everyone. I'm looking at purchasing a mossberg 930 with the cantaleiver slug barrel but can't seem to find them anywhere. Is the wood style with the rifle sights my only option?

Does Mossberg make a 930 barrel in this configuration?

Blue, 26", vent rib, NO PORTS, Accu Choke, Fiber optic front sight ?

930 barrel options

Does Mossberg have a 930 barrel that is 26", blued, NON Ported, Vent Rib, Accu Choke, Fiber Optic ?
Thanks

Re: 930 barrel options

That would be a special order. All of the 26" barrels come ported standard. Everything else matches though. ;) Good luck.

Paul

I talked to Mossberg CS and they will make a non-ported barrel for any ported gun as a special order item the NEXT time the do a run of that barrel. Price is the same $180 generally. I have a ported 24" and made the call as I will move out of club level 3 Gun soon. I'm leaning to cutting back past the ports (with a gunsmith) and re-tapping for chokes. That's $75 vs 180 and I'm not too concerned about losing a few inches of the 24". The gunsmith is local and that turn would be quick and no postage dropping the cost a bit more. I dont need two barrels so ...

Found that Mossberg sells this 24" Non Ported, Vent Ribed, Accu choked, Fiber optic sight barrel. Ordered one today 1-800-363-3555
part number for the 930 24DR non ported red dot fo ! Part # is 100270MT listed priced at $180 plus s&h 10.95 = 190.95

Bought a 24" non ported barrel today... here is the info...
Found that Mossberg sells this 24" Non Ported, Vent Ribed, Accu choked, Fiber optic sight barrel. Ordered one today 1-800-363-3555
part number for the 930 24DR non ported red dot fo ! Part # is 100270MT listed priced at $180 plus s&h 10.95 = 190.95

930 3gun/truckgun build

so I got a plain jane 930 with a 28" barrel thinking I might cut down the barrel to 18.5 or 20" add +2 or 3 mag ext then have choke tubes put back in is it doable?then add hi viz sights and a huge ass bolt handle and side saddle (8rd)

before anyone reply's with should have got a tac model I know but there are none around me ( Canada) and I got this gun for next to nothing

thanks in advance!

JB

Re: 930 3gun/truckgun build

I started with a stock 930 waterfowl edition.

I bought and have now sold an SPX barrel and settled on a 18.5" security barrel with bead sight ( I really didn't like the elevated GRS sights, personal preference).

I also swapped out the std charging handle with one from Nordic.

I also use this gun for hunting so I've tried to keep alterations to the receiver at a minimum. I have not added a mag extension but a lot of the guys seem really happy with the Nordic Components models.

As far as trigger modifications, I try to avoid them on shotguns, they are not target rifles. I find that just putting several 100 to several 1000 rounds down range does wonders.

Re: 930 3gun/truckgun build

Nothing I'm aware of short of having a gunsmith work on it

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

930 28" barrel ???

so anyone ever cut down the factory barrel ? I am going to cut mine down to 20" as i want a shorter barrel with a rib my question is will there be enough meat in the barrel to add choke tubes?

Re: 930 28" barrel ???

There should be. Ask one of the guys that do it and they will tell you what outside diameter and wall thickness you will need to accommodate the tube. I don't think you will have any problems

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Re: 930 28" barrel ???

IMG_2745.jpg

well need to find a before pic

but after a paint and barrel chop to 20"

Back