• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Add-on flashlight recommendations?

makxsh1mum

Copper BB
Hi everyone,

I've done multiple searches using various terms and haven't come up with anything specific, so am posing the question here - trying to get your opinion/recommendations on flash light attachment/systems for a mossberg 500 jr (5+1). I've seen a couple people mention several brands that they have in other threads such as surefire, but is there a consensus on a brand that is definitely better than the rest? Or a specific SKU/model number?

Main purpose would be for use in a home protection scenario at night. Any insight would be helpful. I know i can google it (and eventually will), but wanted to ping the great minds on here who know their stuff. If i'm messing up on this post somehow, let me know, but i think i followed the FAQ's and rules/regs for posting pretty well.

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm brand new here so I'm hardly an expert on this: My Mossberg 500 came with the Insight Tech Gear Fore-End Light with the following SKU: SD-021-SSOM-LFITNI

It works very well and can be easily activated by either left or right handed shooters. It has the option of staying on or it also has a strobe capability. It works very well and so far I am pleased with the performance. It also has an easily accessible battery compartment.

Hope this helps,
Wayne aka mountainman

Lets see how to put this... We are very laid back here. While we have rules and expect them to be followed, your not going to get pounded for making an honest mistake or not finding something. We are all here to learn and show off our stuff. Welcome aboard and enjoy our site!

I've been using a Streamlight LED Polytech light on a Elzetta mount on my 590. It's held up well and I'm very happy with the light and the mount.

004.jpg

Back