• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from N.W. Ohio

batjac

Hi all, had a 500a that I put Tacstar for-end pistol grip/rear pistol grip w/side folding stock and heat shield on close to 20 years ago, most recently added the Brownells Mossberg Safety. Had been on the lookout for a 930 SPX and finally acquired one a few weeks ago, only mods so far are ETA safety, Grovtec Mil Spec swivels and 2 point sling. Looks like mine has canted sight, haven't had a chance to shoot any slugs yet but dead on with bird shot.
I'm primarily a .45 guy (auto's and wheelguns) as well as M1A and AR platform Rifles.
I made a few posts without introducing myself, hopefully my breech of etiquette will be overlooked.

Welcome aboard!

Canted sight huh? I'd sent the firearm back to Mossberg to have them replace your barrel. That's not something I'd be willing to live with. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. Post where you want and when you want, it's all ok by us. Just as long as you conduct yourself in a respectable manner you're not gonna catch any grief from any of us. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new 930. I'm a big fan of .45acp myself. Be sure to post pics of your other firearms in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Well in all fairness I picked it up used. It's a 3rd Gen, Guy had it maybe 6 months, couldn't have put more than 25-50 thru it if that. My research prior to had been solely limited to the Mossberg site, I did notice the cant when purchasing, but thought 'hey it's a Mossy they'll take care of it". I called CS, they said if I shipped it to them they would replace it. But after looking at shipping and insurance I'm thinking if it puts slugs on paper maybe I can live with it. Tried to contact a seller here as he was looking to sell a barrel and mag tube ext, but havent heard back.
If possible I noticed Nitesite was looking to sell a wilson holster, dont know if he still has it but I'm interested if you could pass it along.

Oh, gotcha.

I saw your post in the marketplace and I'm sure nitesite will respond to your inquiry when he's able...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome to MO, good havin ya here! I'm near cincy in SW ohio!

Oh! Breech of etiquite is overlooked! ;)

Well, it's unimportant to us that you posted first and introduced yourself a bit later.

We're just glad that you're here! Welcome.

I gotta say, you being a fan of the .45Auto and M1A really hits me in the heart. I like 'em a whole lot as well!

Howdy batjac and welcome to the club.

batjac said:
I made a few posts without introducing myself, hopefully my breech of etiquette will be overlooked.

Unforgivable, as punishment I demand an extra trip to the range this month ;) :lol: :lol:

Welcome from MI!!

Back