• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My new Mossberg 590A1 Blackwater

Veritas

I can't believe it... :(
Today i pick up my brand new 590A1 Blackwater! It arrived monthes faster then the importer told to my gun dealer.
I was so happy and blind, that one thing i didn't saw in the shop and it shocked me at home.
The front sight isn't mounted straight, and in the forums it looks like this problem appears frequently.
In my case it is a big problem, because i can't contact Mossberg to change a barrel easily.
Guns which are imported from outside europe get shooted and stamped by a department of ballistics before getting free to

private use. And with the purchase, this gun is registered inside my permission card.
It's difficult to delete one get a new entry for another shotgun/serial number.

How you would handle this case?
I want to pass the gun dealer tomorrow morning to find a solution.
Possible a gunsmith have to reposition the sight, but then the finish will be damaged. :|
Hmm.... Finally you get a rarely Mossberg 590A1 here in Germany, and then this happen... really sad!

regards Patrick

P1070295_zpsd6f0d8ea.jpg

P1070298_zpse8e6babc.jpg

Hello Patrick,

Sorry to see you're having this issue, but there may be options for you. Unless something is done differently for imports into your country, the only registered part of the firearm is the receiver. I would still try to have your dealer contact Mossberg to see if they will exchange your barrel only for a new one with the sight correctly attached. Again not sure how it works in Germany, but here in the US barrels can be shipped without registration issues. One way or the other, Mossberg needs to make this right for you. Let us know if you need any assistance contacting them and we will be glad to help if we are able.

I like the adidas box in the photo. I'm a big fan of the brand. In my profession I've made the acquaintence of a few folks that work at their global headquarters in Herzogenaurach. Great people and products...

Thanks for your comment!
It would be so nice, if the regulation is same here.
In Germany every barrel counts as a significant gun part.
The serial number will be engraved, and the barrel is married with the receiver.
I have to wait what the gun shop is telling me tomorrow morning.
Possible they send it back to the importer and from there a customer complaint is possible.
We will see... :(

P1070301_zps59dee140.jpg

Oh wow, that definitely complicates the situation. Good luck with the process and keep us informed...

sorry to read about your situation.

mossberg's quality control is grossly inadequate, especially when it comes to installing front sights. canted front sights have been a major problem for them. my previous mossberg had a canted bead sight, if you could believe it. how can a company known for shotguns mess up a simple bead sight? it's ridiculous. i bet you gun barrel was made on a friday on the back end of the long shift. i think my old mossberg was, too.

i have no experience with german gun laws and international firearms shipping, but i speculate that it's very time consuming and costly. your best bet would be to find an experienced and competent gunsmith to remove and reinstall the front sight correctly, then refinish the barrel.

or contact mossberg and strenuously complain and keep complaining until they resolve the problem to your complete satisfaction. perhaps they'll send you a new barrel without having to return the deficient one due to your location and the difficult importation regulations.

either way, you should contact mossberg.

good luck.

Seems like Mossberg would be sick of fixing these problems way after they ship out.
The more I look at mine the more it looks like it's a couple degrees off to the right.

Best of luck. I hope the process goes quick for you.

I'm back from store with a good result! :)
There was a second Blackwater and i was able to change them.
He will complain my first one to the importer.
Also this one i get now looks like a little bit out of line, but it's ok for me and i can live with this sight.
It would be to complicate and means much paperwork to give back a gun and get a new entry into my card.

Missing another stock and a heat shield, then it's fine.

So! Now i can sleep better... ;)

P1070305_zpsb5506fd9.jpg

Glad to read that you found some peace of mind. That was some great customer service from the store.

Now, go out and enjoy that zombie blaster.

I'm glad that this worked out for you given that you are in Germany. Mossberg should dbe ashamed that this is a problem that comes up as much as it does.

Now that you have a good one, let us know how you like shooting it. Enjoy!

I'm not sure when it's possible to shoot first time, ranges for shotguns are not so easy to find.
There's an indoor range 40km away,
i will visit this one with other guys from the club that we can also share the costs.

I ordered the ATI Talon Stock, because as a left-hand shooter the mounted speed-feed stock isn't good to use for me.
When there are any news about my project, i will write it down here... :)

regards Patrick

It's done, the first accessory is installed!
Looks super! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the purchase Patrick! We love pictures on our Facebook page Share some with us!

It was a pleasure for me to buy this stock, good materials and parts should be supported. ;)
I will offer a picture for the ATI collection when everything is finished.
There's missing a heat shield, an AFG2 and a sling for this project.

The stock arrived just in time, tomorrow i will carry out my new girlfriend for the first time.
Ammunition i already bought yesterday in the gun store.

Regards Patrick

P1070323_zps707fe5d8.jpg

Back