• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Brand New Mossberg 930 Owner we have a problem

Going to the range later this afternoon. Will post update when I get back.

Re: Brand New Mossberg 930 Owner we have a problem

Range Report. I took the 930 out to the range today, and I am happy to report that I didn't have any issues. I shot 75 rounds of Winchester 2 3/4 #8 shells that are 1290 ftps. No issues at all. I am in the middle of a detailed cleaning. When I took the barrel of the magazine tube I have just a small wear mark that looks like were the coil spring compresses and de-compresses, but no marks or gashes in tube. Is this wear mark normal for this shotgun. I tried to post picture but not sure how. So far I am now very happy with this shotgun. Once cleaned this is now going to be my bedside gun. Please post comments if you have any witll get back to u later

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

ECLIPZD95 said:
m24shooter said:
Views of the Nordic, Choate, and S&J extensions. Side views show an approximation of length, the muzzle end shots show where they actually end relative to each other. Also included the standard and XL Nordic caps.

nordicxl.jpg

nordicstd.jpg

sjside.jpg

sjend.jpg

choateside.jpg

choateend.jpg

Keep in mind that the Nordic and S&J extensions have a seperate tube and nut, and the length will vary with installation due to different thread depths or user needs. Some users may have slightly longer overall lengths while others will have shorter.[/qu

What Nordic components are pictured?

Just an FYI
That crappy looking S&J +2 mag tube was a prototype, they have not been made liek that for many years.
The production models are all machined one pc steel.
bbb

Whats the best +3 extension (as in works out of the box)

Since last night I have been checking out various brands of +3 mag extensions for my new 930. Which brand(s) work reliably out of the box? Really don't want to mess around with cutting springs and such. Seems like a simple wish....? :)

Re: Whats the best +3 extension (as in works out of the box)

I use Nordic Components on mine and it's been good to go out of the box. The replacement spring did require trimming, but the whole process only took 10-15 minutes. They offer a +2, +4, +5, and +8 though, so as far as a +3 goes it doesn't help you much.

I would suggest staying away from Choate. This section is full of threads with issues on the factory Choate extensions...

I have not had the pleasure of trying a Briley yet but hope to in the near future. Let us know what you think if you end up getting one.

Standard 930 replacement parts

I have a new JM 930 that I'd like to get a standard magazine cap and spring for. I've searched this forum and well as Googled 930 replacement parts but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any ideas? The exploded parts view show the parts but not #'s.

Id like to be able to switch out the longer mag tube for skeet, 5-stand or maybe duck hunting.

Thanks.

Re: Standard 930 replacement parts

Call up mossberg. That's what I did. Get the shorter mag spring and the magazine cap. That will limit it to 5 rounds. Took about 3 weeks to receive.

Re: Standard 930 replacement parts

Water Monkey said:
Call up mossberg. That's what I did. Get the shorter mag spring and the magazine cap. That will limit it to 5 rounds. Took about 3 weeks to receive.

Ok. Thanks.

Strange magazine tube problems on 930!?!?!?

Hi folks. I bought a new 930 yesterday. Last night I loaded seven rounds in the magazine tube, then made an attempt to take them out. The first three came out, the fourth would not pop out, I pushed on it with my finger and there was no tension behind it. I turned the shotgun up and down and the shell was sliding back and forth in the magazine tube. I put the other three back in and attempted to take them out again but this time they all came out. It did it again today so I screwed the end cap off, took the spring out and reinstalled it. This time when I went to load it, it would only hold five rounds!?!?!? What the heck?? So I took out the spring and put it back in and again it took seven rounds but AGAIN when I tried to take the rounds out it only released the first two or three then there was no pressure behind the next round. Anyone else having these issues? Thank you.

Re: Strange magazine tube problems on 930!?!?!?

Unfortunately this is a rather common issue with the 930.

Most of the similar issues are caused by burrs on the factory followers or the factory Choate mag tube extension. The extensions can be poorly fitted and misaligned with the mag tube. This alignment issue causes the follower to stick where the tube and extension meet. Common fixes are de-burring the follower and most end up replacing the factory spring and tube extension. Or, you could contact Mossberg about your issue and send the firearm back to them for replacement of any poorly finished/fitted parts...

I did some searching and found a follower by GG&G. Wonder if that might be worth trying before spending the money for a new spring and extension?

Howdy Seahorse and welcome to the club. As Sniper said, check to see if there are any burrs. A small round hobby file will be good, or even some 220 sandpaper. Try fixing it yourself first to see if you can eliminate the problem, then if you do you can start upgrading.

Let us know how it works out....

Agreed on the home fix if possible.

If de-burring your follower doesn't help, then the issue is with the Choate extension...

I had a similar issue and once I cleaned out the gun (including the magazine tube) I didnt have much of an issue.

That being said I was having an issue of inserting the first round and the stock follower getting "stuck" so it was difficult to get the first round in. I went the GG&G follower route and found that with the stock extended magazine tube the follower wouldn't get past the threads thus limiting my rounds to 5 in the magazine tube.

The edges on the GG&G follower were giving me the problem. I ended up tossing the GG&G in my 590A1 (awesome btw) which worked out just fine.

Ended up getting the S&J follower which is smooth and my issue has since disappeared.

just ordered the 24" turkey gun

timthumbphp.png

what nordic tube will i need to bring it out closer to the end of the barrel?..i think im also going to add a tactical tru-choke so i'll have 2" more to contend with..

scope.jpg

930 Tactical Question

Can anybody confirm if the Nordic Components magazine tube extension fits on the 930 tactical model with the breacher barrel?
I'm looking at picking up a used one, any concerns like there is on a SPX?

Seahorse said:
I did some searching and found a follower by GG&G. Wonder if that might be worth trying before spending the money for a new spring and extension?

I tried the aluminum follower by 3G to no avail. Then, from Elite Tactical, a plastic one. Having something of a "tail" for the spring to wrap around and follow, it is much longer than factory or 3G's follower. Perhaps this tail or being made from delrin solved my issues. And it's only $12.

http://www.elitetacticaladvantage.com/p ... lower.html

Re: 930 Tactical Question

Confirmed.

I run the Nordic +2 on mine...

Haven't seen any issues specific to the 930 Tactical models. Mine's been problem free with a little over 500 rounds down range since I picked it up in March...

Back