• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The power of a 1 ounce Foster Slug

Great informative vid. I love it......and my slugs.

Nice video. Those slugs pack quite a punch.

My local Gander has that on sale a few times a year. Almost seems like once a month for $100 OTD. I agree not for sissies ;)

Slugs are my favorite ammo. I have been making them for 25 years and shot more than 20,000 of them but the most fun was developing new rounds like wistling rounds, plastic darts, lead rounds with plastic streemers that make a funny noise, lead nose rounds that fold out in flight, frag rounds that break into 100 small pieces on impact. Im working on one that decoils very fine hightensile wire and some other harder ones that need a lot more thaught.

Been watching your videos over the past couple of weeks. Didn't know you were a member here.
The 100 yard and 200 yard videos caught my attention.

Thanks for sharing.

Kodiak - your video work is super - direct, clear and informative. The gel demonstrates killer (literally) penetration. 12" and a massive wound cavity. Most agree that a slug is not a #1 go to SD round but that demonstrates what a CBM hit would do to a BG (or a deer) - "Sit down, shut up, bleed out". Also some subtle humor in the fence post and its slow death fall following the shot!

12G said:
Slugs are my favorite ammo. I have been making them for 25 years and shot more than 20,000 of them but the most fun was developing new rounds like wistling rounds, plastic darts, lead rounds with plastic streemers that make a funny noise, lead nose rounds that fold out in flight, frag rounds that break into 100 small pieces on impact. Im working on one that decoils very fine hightensile wire and some other harder ones that need a lot more thaught.

I would be very interested in seeing some pictures or Videos. I am sure everyone else would be too!

A lot of folks here is an online image sharing/storing site like photobucket or Flickr. I personally use photobucket.com for all my picture needs.

Back