• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weeding out my 870 for another 590A1...

LUGI

.270 WIN
I've been kicking the idea around about getting rid of my 870 because I'm thinking it's a good idea to the same shotgun platform. I already have a 590a1 20inch and wanting a 18' now....don't make much sense to me having two different shotguns........what do you guys think? :)

-Chris

LUGI said:
I've been kicking the idea around about getting rid of my 870 because I'm thinking it's a good idea to the same shotgun platform. I already have a 590a1 20inch and wanting a 18' now....don't make much sense to me having two different shotguns........what do you guys think? :)

-Chris

As much as I like my 590A1, I wish slug changeovers were as easy and cool as the 870.

That being said. It's your call. Platforms don't bother me.

There will always be a difference in between to manufacturers. You just need to pick which one you like better. Even if you (devil's advocate) got rid of the 590 and got anothe remmie.....it's whatever you feel you need.
And besides....we have a RemingtonOwners forum. So you can see we got ya covered no matter what your choice is.
;)

personally, i think they're both the same/equal in overall reliability and quality.

had i found an 870 at a great price before my 590a1, i would've bought it and never looked back. that being said, i do prefer the controls on mossbergs over the 870, but it's definitely not a deal breaker IMO.

i'd save my money, but uniformity is always a plus, though. and if you decide to keep both you can always brag that you have two of the best.

Both are good guns. I've had an 870 for as long as I can remember. I recently started with the Mossberg line. I like having different guns and different options.

Ultimately it comes down to you and what you are comfortible with.

Lugi, is the 870 an 18 inch barrel? If it is, I would probably keep it and be happy. If it not and the 870 will be sold to get an 18 inch barrel, I'd get another 590 with the barrel length you want. One plus for the same platform is if you ever find yourself in a SHTF scenario, it would be easier to keep one working if the both broke. Plus, I'm partial the 590A1 Mossberg!

Good luck.

Well.....
Thanks guys for all the input. I got a guy wanting to get my 870 and he's willing to pay me $400.00 for it, it's a express mag 18' barrel, park. finish and has a speedfeed stock set on it.

I'd just take that money put what I need to it and buy me another 590a1 but in a 18inch barrel.

gmaster456 said:
If someone is willing to pay $400 for a used express I say sell it.

This 870 was bought in like 04/05 around there and this one was never shot. So it's like in brand new condition.

gmaster456 said:
If someone is willing to pay $400 for a used express I say sell it.

^^^ Heck yes!!

I only paid $360 for my 930. I think it was a display model or someone really screwed up, it had never been shot but was marked as used.

I think I'm gonna go through with this deal....he said he would give me the money not this friday but the following fri.

I trying to find out what kinds of different models are out there in the 18in barrel...mossberg site has change and it sucks. :roll:

What stock type, sights, etc. are you lookin for?

Let me know what features you want and we'll find you the model number...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
What stock type, sights, etc. are you lookin for?

Let me know what features you want and we'll find you the model number...

Thanks my friend! :D

I'm thinking maybe ghost ring sights, reg stocks..also thinking maybe getting one with a 14inch barrel I just made a post about it. But need to know a few things.

Thanks again!
-Chris

No problem, glad to help.

Your basic 18.5" 6-shot 590a1 with GRS and standard stock is model # 51517...

As for the SBS, I posted a few details in your other thread...

Back