• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: 20 Gauge Security Barrel For 500

Dunhams had a fantastic sale on the 500 either 12 or 20 gauge Field combo. The 20 came w/ cantilevered scoped rifled barrel and a vent ribbed smooth bore 26" for $289.00 So I bought another one .. lol and why I ordered the security barrel for it. I plan on getting the Ghost Ring Sights from Mossberg to put on my older 500.

Where to mount tactical light?

Hey everybody I ran into a little problem that I was wondering if someone here would have a solution to.I have a Mossberg500 with the 18.5' barrel and 5+1 capacity.a few weeks ago I ordered a Mossberg heatshield and also a tactical light with mount.I had planned to mount the light at the front of the mag tube but when I installed the heat shield I realized that the front heat shield mount took up the small space I had planned to use to mount the tactical light on.Now my only option seems to be to mount it on the barrel but even if I do that, the tactical light will stick out farther then the barrel.Ive ran out of ideas and I'm starting to wonder if I should just leave the light completely off.By the way I dont want to take off the heat shield because I love it and I don't want to replace the foreend either.Help!

Re: Where to mount tactical light?

If you are worried about shooting your light off - don't. Unless it is a VERY long light and very close to the ammo angle you have plenty of room to play with . Many folks have mag tubes that extend inches in front of the barrel - even with CYL bore / choke you will not contact a gun attachment for some distance. Yes, the light will be in a more fragile spot extending in front of the barrel but you will not have to worry about casting a shadow - that's a plus!! :D mount it up for a look - post a pic before you shoot if you are still nervous. IMHO - you most likely do NOT have a problem.

The light on my Glock sticks out past the barrel. Only thing I have problems with is powder residue. I like to put a piece of tape over the lens if I am practicing and not using the light.

Unless you are actually obstructing the end of the barrel, you will be OK,

Awesome guys thanks!I'm going to put it on after dinner then try to remember to put a picture up on here. :)

My Streamlight TLR-1 mounts below my magazine tube on a UAG Picatinny mount.

Great set up. Easy to toggle the switch when holding the forearm in the ready to fire position. And, it doesn't stick out on the sides or in front. That set up would not interfere with your heat shield.

Here is the tac light mounted on
adu6udas.jpg

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2

Blued or Parkerized - Which is Best?

I will be shopping for another Mossberg 500 and I need to decide whether to get one that has a blued finish or a Parkerized finish.

I like the look of the traditional blued finish but I am wondering if the Parkerized finish might be more durable and corrosion resistant.

Can anyone offer advice or information on the pros and cons of each?

Re: Blued or Parkerized - Which is Best?

all my rifles , handguns and shotgun are all parkerized finish over blued . i love the look and i have never had one show any signs of rust .

Re: Mossberg 500 trigger adjustment

Is this a new gun?

Shotgun triggers tend to be a little on the stiffer side.

The more you shoot it the smoother it will get.

Re: Mossberg 500 trigger adjustment

MikeD,
I have had this gun for a long time. I only use it for deer hunting. I plan on shooting a lot the next 6 weeks. Hopefully that will loosen up the trigger.

Thanks,
Mike

Midwest Freak said:
all my rifles , handguns and shotgun are all parkerized finish over blued . i love the look and i have never had one show any signs of rust .
I thought parkerizing would only work on bare steel?
In any case I like both,but for a hard use gun I prefer a parkerized finish,
Dosnt matter too much on a Mossberg considering a large percentage of the gun is Aluminum.

^ pretty sure he meant park'd vs. blued, not blued then park'd...

I personally like parkerized best as it tends to endure the elements much better. Although I do like some nice bluing now and then.

My first 500 was parkerized.
Got a scratch on the receiver, from putting in and out of my overcrowded safe.
Looked like CRAP.
Painted the gun flat black and then clear coated it with a satin finish.
It has not scratched again in more than a year and rust is a non issue with my firearms.

Back