• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

making a sling from paracord?

speedyquad

.270 WIN
i've seen pics on the internet of slings made from paracord. i have enough paracord to make one or more even. has anyone here made one and used it for a 715t, or any other gun for that matter? my main concern is that it will be too stiff. any input is welcome. thanks.

Check out the stuff that this guy makes on Ebay.
This is a link to all his auctions.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lrrp4/m.html?it ... 7675.l2562

I contacted him and he made me a Single point sling in colors to match the camo on my hunting 500.

He had it to me in less than a week and total cost was like $30.
I love it!

255211_3922959026687_1817910248_n.jpg

how is the flexibility of it? would it work for a non single point sling? i don't really want a single point. i can make one, i have the paracord and have made bracelets and necklaces. i'm will do this anyway unless i am told it is too stiff...

thanks for the input..

Mine is not to stiff.
If you want a sling that you can wrap your front hand around then I would say the final product may be to thick.
I could have made one as well. I have made watch bands and bracelets.
Since he was offering a choice of colors, as well as the connectors and the matching band to allow me to make it adjustable, I figured for the price, I could not go wrong.
It would have cost me at least $20 or more to buy all the stuff and get it shipped here.
If you have all the materials and the time then I say go for it.
At least if you dont like the final product and feel that it is to stiff, you can untie it.
When you make it please post up some pics of it.

will do...i hope to start the endeavor this coming weekend...of course now that i have stated that i have something i want to do, my wife's esp will tell her i have free time which she will gladly fill up with lots of boring and tedious things...lol

I just had a para cord sling made, it's very flexible.

100_2608.jpg

There are all sorts of hooks out on the market, mine has small H&K style quick disconnect hooks like above.

thanks for the reply and the pic...those hooks are what i was looking fro to solve the disconnect "issue" do you happen to know where i cold get some of those...or i could just look on the internet for them...lol

found them...thanks

I made one for one of my buddies Mauser. I will post up a picture when I get home.
I started out with a wide Solomon bar (which is two cobra stitches side by side, the same stitch that Vit's sling is made of) 12" long.
Then I phased out the strings down to 4 strings which gave me a nice taper down so that I could finish off the sling using just the cobra stitch to the desired length I needed.
The picture that I have is of the transition from the wide Solomon bar to the cobra stitch.

Here is the photo that I have.
paracord_sling_zpsf8e7dac5.jpg

Wow! That is awesome! I never did understand the Solomon bar weave. Too much going on for me haha
That's a great looking sling from just a tiny section!!

awastatyme...i like that, i think i may do it that way...got stuck working some ot...haven't had time to even think about it, looking at a week or 2 before the ot ends...

LTB45 said:
Check out the stuff that this guy makes on Ebay.
This is a link to all his auctions.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lrrp4/m.html?it ... 7675.l2562

I contacted him and he made me a Single point sling in colors to match the camo on my hunting 500.

He had it to me in less than a week and total cost was like $30.
I love it!

255211_3922959026687_1817910248_n.jpg

Just got one of these in the mail today. Seems to be pretty good quality, simple design and easy ergonomics. I'm also a huge fan of the fact that I'm supporting an American made product with this purchase. I could have made it myself... but I couldn't pass up the chance to help out a Vet! +1 on this sling ;)

These look great and it’s nice to have cord but if you need it than you don’t have a sling. I carry p-cord in my pack though.
Made half of our elk camp with p-cord and black plastic this year......where I learned it, Interior AK on fires
IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

I made a paracord sling for my 4x4. There is an Army Navy store near my office that stocks paracord and I bought the swivels from Dicks Sporting Goods.

OQ9MmOT.jpg

8WkfsrY.jpg

I made it adjustable by adding about a piece of 1" webbing fitted with a tri-glide. It adjusts from about 36" to 50". Making it adjustable complicates it a bit but it is a nice feature.

I wanted mine to be on the stiffer side so I made sure it was tight as I progressed. This one is the king cobra with 4 bands in the core. It does not need to be that thick - just my preference. Also. the solomon stitch is less material by design so it will not be as stiff if you go that route.

my buddy made a really cool sling out of paracord, but he used a leather belt as a base to wrap around. extremely well made and comfortable. make carrying a fully loaded 500 with side saddle a breeze to carry!

Back