• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Howdy Ya'll from firearm friendly Florida

4bubbaswitz

Copper BB
Hi;

I'm a new Mossberg owner but I've been shooting for years. I purchased an old 142 to be my 9 year old's 1st gun. I only paid $60 because it's missing it's mag, and it's uglier than a toad turd. Making it pretty again will be a Father/Son project, but finding a .22lr mag for his thing has become a quest. Auction Arms & Gun Brokers were busts as were many of my old standby sites. I took a flying and bid on a mag on e-bay but the seller isn't sure what guns it fits. A gun dealer in Arkansas has an old mag also no clue what it fits so I'm starting to panic. So I throw myself on the mercy of this group and yell HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!!

We're glad to have you, welcome to MO!

Man, sorry I have no clue, but the Havlins may be able to help...

Havlin Sales

Click the above link to check out their site, youll find contact info on their home page. Dont be afraid to call! These folks wrote the book on Mossberg firearms! Literally, I mean they really wrote a very comprehensive book on the history of Mossberg and their line up!!! Surely theyll know what youre talkin about! Or at least I'm very hopeful! :D

Good luck!

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 142 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

I second the notion of contacting www.havlinsales.com

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome from MI!!

Howdy 4bubbaswitz and welcome to the club.

Every where I looked, everyone points to havlin sales....
http://www.havlinsales.com/22rifle.htm

also...this forum's topic has some useful info in the 142...
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... -model-142

And these guys sell em..but they are out of stock...
http://ammoclip.com/M/mossberg_140_152.htm
"Mossberg Models 140, 140B, 140K, 142, 142A, 142B, 142K, 142M, 144, 144LS, 144LSA, 144LSB, 152, and 152K .22LR, 10 round, blued steel body-floor plate and follower, new production non-factory magazine. Limited to stock on hand.
OUT OF STOCK, if you want to be added to a list for this item use the "Just Ask" button at the top of this page."

And here's a parts list ...for future ref...
http://www.box54.com/ex142a.jpg

Good luck...I hope you and your youn'un get what you're lookin for.
keep us up to date as to what happens with this situation. I know I'd like to know....

Rossignol said:
We're glad to have you, welcome to MO!

Man, sorry I have no clue, but the Havlins may be able to help...

Havlin Sales

Click the above link to check out their site, youll find contact info on their home page. Dont be afraid to call! These folks wrote the book on Mossberg firearms! Literally, I mean they really wrote a very comprehensive book on the history of Mossberg and their line up!!! Surely theyll know what youre talkin about! Or at least I'm very hopeful! :D

Good luck!

Thank-you all for the help!!

Minga The site you sent me (GUNPARTS.COM) is out of stock on the 142 mag but Havlins appears to have new ones in stock. I sent them an e-mail to confirm availability. I'm glad for Minga's site because now I have a picture of what I'm looking for! Havlins also has a walnut replacement forearm extension piece which will be much nicer than the plastic piece that currently graces this gun. I'm leaving finishing up to my son. If he wants to keep the wood furniture stained and waxed I'll order the walnut piece. If he wants to paint it red,white,& blue and write "Zombie Killer" on the side we'll leave the plastic in place. Thanks again for everyone's help. I've never had trouble finding help from the shooting community which is why I came here as soon as the water looked a bit rough.

Blessings
Bubba

You are quite welcome bubba....glad to help out.....

Well Havlins is out of stock as well but there is hope that situation will change before my little guy's 10th birthday. I've been e-mailing back and forth with Cheryl and she is a sweetheart and knows what she's doing which you all know is a rare combo. I'll post pix as time and situations dictate. Thanks again!!

Blessings
Bubba

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

How did ya make out with your dilema...?!

SHOOTER13 said:
Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

How did ya make out with your dilema...?!

Sorry for the tardy update. Mag from Havlins, and another used from e-bay, neither are getting the round into the chamber far enough for the bolt to finish the trip. I'm thinking weak springs in both mags. Gun currently resides at the local gun smithy. My son was still able to fire his 1st gun. His little fingers can get the round into the chamber easier than my big arthritic meathooks can so we did some can plinking while I was looking for some wild hog sign. Pix to follow when the patient returns home.

Blessings
Bubba

Back