• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi from Texas . . .

Kevin

Copper BB
I've been meaning to join for a long time. Ripjack is a member on one of my forums (non-gun related) and so now that I've dropped his name y'all can ridicule me without feelings of guilt haha. Naa. Rip is a great guy.

I own a single MB - a 590A1 to which I've made a few basic mods. Love the gun but I would like to have a shorter barrel since it's reserved strictly as a tactical HD platform. What's the shortest legal barrel length again lol.

I'm a sawyer by trade and pretty much involved with all things wood from logging through the entire processing of kiln dried wood.

Hi to all.

Welcome aboard from another native Texan!

Hangin my hat in TN now, but Texas will always be my home. Any friend of rip's is a friend of ours and will be heavily monitored with intense scrutiny. :lol: The shortest legal shotgun barrel length is 18" (measured from the bolt face to the end of the barrel), however there are options for going shorter if you're interested in going through the NFA registration process. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 590a1 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

-L.E.S.

Thanks LES!

I've always been sort of hesitant to post pics of my guns but I'll sure get one of my MB. Don't like to show all my hardware though - just kinda weird that way. ;-) Thanks for the welcome.

I'm sorta the same way.

I'll post a pic of a single firearm or even a couple at a time, but I don't like showin 'em all at once or even listing them in a sig line and such. Good news is we have an "Other Weapons" section with sub-forums for handguns and long guns. There are threads by manufacturer, so feel free to post up any pics that you feel like sharing. If not, we enjoy good conversation just as much as pics... :D

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Kevin...from another Kevin !! :cool:

Howdy Kevin! Welcome to the club! Glad to see ya made it on over here...

I know you are extremely busy with your site, so any chance you get to pop in is welcomed.

Guys, if you have never seen wood called Flame Boxelder, this guy has the most spectacular looking cuts. I have a box full of his "scrap" cut offs and it's still fantastic looking.
I'm going to go out on a limb and cross post a pic of your stuff....

sOGq7l.jpg

I know there's a few woodworkers here who need to be getting some of this stuff from you...it's a win/win...and the stuff is beautiful too!!

Thanks for checkin in with us Kevin. I'll see ya over there too. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Thanks for joining up.

Welcome from MI!!

Welcome from StL MO! Don't hesitate to tell us more about your work with wood in the lounge topic. Sounds very interesting!

Back