• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: my new Mossberg 500 Blackwater Series

Sorry to revive a dead thread with a question, but can anyone help me see the difference between the Blackwater Breacher(#54123) and the 500 Cruiser(#54125)? Thanks guys.

Welcome aboard!

Other than the laser etched Blackwater logo on the receiver, absolutely no difference whatsoever...

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy not finding any differences.
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

Other than the laser etched Blackwater logo on the receiver, absolutely no difference whatsoever...

Midwest Freak: Nice mods! I've got the same one and I'm already planning on switching out my POG with a Pistol grip/Adjustable stock combo - Can I ask you what you think about the "Scorpion Recoil Reduction" system on the ATI stock? Do you notice any recoil reduction at all? How's the lift when you fire heavy rounds? I'm thinking about going with the Mesa Tactical or the AGMF 500 SK FB, or maybe even the Phoenix Technologies Kicklite stock.
http://www.nokick.com/Mesa_Tactical_LEO_Recoil_Stock_Kit_for_Mossberg_p/mesa tactical 93220.htm -
I'm also a big fan of the tactical advantage safety, they look great and I'm going to put one of those on as well.

i like the ATI so far have not had any issues with it and seems very well built . as far as the recoil all i can say since i went from a pistol grip to a stock i am sure it helps for how soft it is but with OO buck it still has some kick to it .

I am trying to find a new action slide tube for my gun. It is stamped a Mossberg 500 ATR. This gun has been in my family for some time now. The problem I am coming across is that mine only has one leg on it. All replacements I can find have two. Can anyone help?

I currently have 1 Mossberg PGO Cruiser and a heavily modded Mav88 that I'm currently refitting.

See attached.

Attachments

• 500A_bR1.jpg
    500A_bR1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 752
  • Core-12ga-Full.jpg
    Core-12ga-Full.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 752
Mossberg Thunder Ranch

Hey all, long story short, my older brother borrowed my Mossberg 590A1. He fell in love with it and talked me into letting him keep it providing he replace it with a new one. So I'll have a "NEW" 590A1 coming soon.

In the mean time I decided to purchase another Mossberg to hold me over, sort of an excuse to buy another one and decided to buy the Thunder Ranch just for the fun of it.

Took it the range and it performed flawlessly. Since then I changed a few things.

1. Replaced the buttstock with an ATI Talon Tactical Six Position Adjustable Shotgun Stock w/Scorpion Recoil System. My wife handles the shotgun very well with the stock full collapsed. I need it extended 3 positions out for me to find it comfortable. So the ATI worked out great.

2. Replaced the original mag spring with a Wolff Extra Power mag spring.

I have installed a Magpul AFG1 Angled Foregrip (AFG). It puts my hand in a natural position when I grab it, not horizontal like when you grab the forend.

The things I ordered yet to put on, AIMPRO Tactical Heat Shield, just for the fun of it. The other heat shields didn't fit the Thunder Ranch because it has a wider barrel than your typical Mossbergs 500's. The Thunder Ranch has a 500 receiver but a 590 barrel and the only heat shield that fit it correctly was the AIMPRO Tactical Heat Shield. I'm debating which safety to purchase to replace the plastic one, the Vang or the Brownell's, not sure yet.

I got a TacStar sidesaddle as a gift but I was looking to get the Mesa sidesaddle so I don't know if I'll use TacStar.

Here is what she looks like now:
Dan'sMossberg500ThunderRanch.jpg

Re: Mossberg Thunder Ranch

Thanks, it's something to hold me over until my 590A1 gets replaced. The delivery guy just dropped off my single point sling, time to get her adjusted.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum dantra !!

Nice looking shotty man...

Looks good. I would recommend the Elite Tactical Advantage safety. Larger than most and very easy to use.

Looks great! How do you attach the AFG to the forend? I would like the same setup

Ajdata said:
Looks great! How do you attach the AFG to the forend? I would like the same setup
Midwest is correct. The Thunder Ranch has a Tri-rail Picatinny fore-end so all I had to do was attach the AFG to the bottom rail.

I have the Mossberg 500 Chainsaw, model 50460.

After previously googling the Chainsaw I have come to the overwhelming conclusion that the Chainsaw is the second most hated thing on the entire interwebs, right behind Osama bin Laden. And since he is now dead, I imagine the Chainsaw will take over the top most hated position. Of course most (if not ALL) of this hate is emanating from people and so called experts (some probably on this very forum) who have never handled, let alone shot, a Chainsaw. I have shot the weapon and find it to be an awesome shotgun, easy to shoot and even easier to control. With an added laser its even darn accurate at shorter ranges, even being used from below eye level. In short, this is one of my favorite guns and I own a lot of guns. Its the only shotgun I have ever enjoyed shooting and the only one I ever plan to own or keep.

8200578403_b424e4fcb9_z.jpg

Welcome aboard guntoter and glad you're liking your 500 Chainsaw.

Not gonna lie this one did have us scratching our heads a little bit at first, but not quite as much as the 464 SPX or the .22 caliber 702 plinkster with the giant roadblocker muzzle brake. We've got a couple other members that enjoy shooting them and in the end that's all that matters. Enjoy it Sir and let us know if there's anything we can help with along the way...

Back