• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rossignol, I just came across the thread on your painted vest... how is that holding up? I can imagine it would flake some, but should add to the affect I would think.

Correct, standard issue fighting load carrier or, FLC.

The paint on the vest does flake a little, but otherwise its holding up very well. I believe hbad I put it on lighter it would be flaking sgnificantly less. I too like to think it adds to the effect by blurring the lines but time will tell and ill get back to that thread! ;)

I've been wanting to update my vest with multicam pouches (the one I have I bought used and came with an array of black and tan pouches) where's a good place get pouches (including shotgun!!!! :D ) all in one place. I've been pouring through Amazon to find some good deals but even those are coming from different vedors. I'll go take a look at the gear section

Alright, I thought so too! Thanks
It has the layout of molle I am looking for to make.

+1 on you looking like a Viking as well :p

Iscricmo, I saw your thread about making you own chest rig. Watching my wife sew a lot, I would say it's do-able but not easy. The amazon link you posted to the airsoft chest rig looks like a condor knock off. I've used the Condor chest rig and it seemed pretty sturdy and I think it ran me around $35. But for the same price as the Airsoft rig you could buy that Mil Surplus FLC vest...

If only he had some multicam stuff available as well, I'd pull out the card right now :D Very excited about his site now, I might just have to order another vest... have one vest for each gun :lol:

Oh! Thanks Rossignol! I am roaming his site now! :D

I thought it would be a nice starter vest, just something to hang my pouches on. I am still on the prowl for a sewing machine to start my project! Never fear, I will finish that thread with something! I am considering something with sport nylon on the inside (against your body) and mesh on the outside. Kind of like the NcStar/Vism vest. Which might I ad, gets really great reviews. I would sew the molle straight through the mesh into the sport nylon, giving it a secure base.

Than I would venture into the outdoor materials for rigs and what not.

Why the shortage? Election?

Hey all,

I didn't think I was away from the scene for that long, but....

In my spare time (what little there is with finishing re-training), I started finishing an AR project I started a while back. Nothing special, just a very simple and LIGHT weight AR, using a pencil thin Bushmaster barrel on an A2 upper I've had lying around. I like how it all turned out, and at under 7 pounds, it is just what I wanted. However, I found that I was short a BCG, so I started shopping for one.

Okay, I know it's an election year and all, but serious??? It seems like everyone has had a run on BCG's and is OUT-OF-STOCK. Is this the beginning of the next mad-rush on firearms, parts, and ammo? I hope not. It was ridiculous enough during the last ban when people were jacking up the price on just about anything "tacticool" - and seemingly getting away with it. Capitalism at it's finest - or worst - depending on which side of the counter you were standing on.

So I guess the lesson I've learned this week, boys and girls, is to get out there and HOARD everything you can get your hands on, because you know that Obama or the MAYANS/Zombies are coming for you.

Oops...seems like BCM has a full-auto BCG available for $169 (w/ shipping). More than I wanted to spend, but oh well... Rant Off :shock:

Re: Why the shortage? Election?

Yup, it's get'n ridiculous out there.

I'm wait'n on a few back-ordered parts for my current project as well. Good luck with your BCG...

Just watch and see what happens if O wins the election. Especially after saying that he would like to rewrite gun laws in one of the later debates.

I'm just holding my breath until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning to see what the election results are.

I may have a gun or two to sell :lol:

No joking aside, I am seriously considering selling my 6.8 just to try to consolidate calibers a little more efficiently. I love the gun, and really like the caliber, I just don't get to shoot it as much as I like.

Oops...seems like BCM has a full-auto BCG available for $169 (w/ shipping). More than I wanted to spend, but oh well... Rant Off
I'm glad you found what you wanted even if it cost more than expected.

Just watch and see what happens if O wins the election.
Their will be a run on guns the likes that the world has never seen.

I am torn. I have the money set aside for a bolt action .308. Do I buy now or wait until after hunting season for a sale? I will probably wait until Wednesday and O wins I'll head to the local gun shop like a lot of others holding a wad of cash.

Around here, most of the sales on bolt-actions have already begun. I'm sure there will be a few buys after hunting season, but I've always found the better prices to be right before. I know I held out last year on a 308, thinking the same thing. I ended up spending a bit more for it after the season. Looking back, I wish I would have waited, just a wee bit longer, because the model I really wanted (that wasn't available at the time - and the salesman swore he didn't know WHEN it might be) became readily available. Live and learn.

Actually, I found a BCG from PK Firearms, came out about $20 less than the one BCM had, so I'm happy - well, happier. :lol:

I still think the bottom is going to fall out if O wins again. Time to stock up on spare parts again. Never know, he may unleash the Mayans and Zombies to raid the stores :lol:

I think its been ramping up for awhile. Production has increased to meet demand but I don't think manufacturers can keep up.

People are scared and if o bummer wins a second term, what we've seen to this point may just be the appetizer, the price of admission.

There are a couple things I was hopin to have by now but it isn't gonna happen for awhile yet...

AR 15 Receiver question

The stars aligned just right a little bit ago and I was able to purchase a new DDm4v7 for a nice discount and couldn't resist. Anyway I got it home and the pins to separate the halves were super tight. I pushed them out with stiff pressure and cleaned the gun down and put it back together. I popped the pins in and out a couple times because I like to be able to remove them without too much effort. I took her shooting and it is a dream. Shot 1 inch groups easy at 100 yards. The midlength gas system is great. Anyway, after the range I took it home and cleaned it up and upon assembly I noticed that the front pivot pin hole in the upper receiver has a little of the anodizing removed. The picture shows a spot at the top of the hole where it is shiny. The top part of the entire hole is like that. The sides and bottom are good. My other rifle is not like this. I am just wondering if this is normal wear, maybe from the tight interface between the pin and the pivot pin hole???? My concern is that since the anodizing creates a hard surface, that since it is worn off it may make the area more prone to wear from the steel pin. Thoughts???
IMG_20121005_201942.jpg

Re: AR 15 Receiver question

Anodizing isn't a strengthening agent, and I wouldn't worry that some of it has been worn off or whatever. It won't affect a thing. Don't worry.

BTW, Daniel Defense makes some top-tier stuff (as you know). Congrats on owning one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back