• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

No luck, but still a fun day

honkey

.270 WIN
I finally got out and went hunting today for the first time. I got out at 6:00 a.m. at a WMA nearby looking for rabbits. I was by myself, mostly just going out for a stroll and hoping I came across a rabbit. I did actually see two rabbits and one of them, I actually did have a shot at, but I was just too slow since it took me by surprise. I also saw a bunch of geese and ducks, but the one thing that really took me by surprise was that as I walked through some of the dead corn plants, a buck jumped out about 15-20 yards in front of me. What is the likelihood of just stumbling upon a buck with a shotgun in your hand, but being in a bow only deer area? I'll be going out again as soon as possible and I will be more prepared next time since I know where to look now.

Looking forward to deer season in Pennsylvania...squirrels & rabbit are in season right now !!

...pheasant too !!

SQUIRRELS, Red, Gray, Black and Fox (Combined): Oct. 13-Nov. 24; Dec. 10-24 and Dec. 26-Feb. 23 (6 daily, 12 possession).

RABBIT (Cottontail): Oct. 20-Nov. 24, Dec. 10-24 and Dec. 26-Feb. 23 (4 daily, 8 possession).

PHEASANT: Male only – Oct. 20-Nov. 24. Male and female may be taken in all other WMUs – Oct. 20-Nov. 24, Dec. 10-24 and Dec. 26-Feb. 2 (2 daily, 4 in possession).

DEER (Antlered Only) WMUs 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3B, 3C, 4B, 4D and 4E: Nov. 26-30. One antlered deer per hunting license year.

DEER (Antlered and Antlerless) WMUs 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3B, 3C, 4B, 4D and 4E: Dec. 1-8. One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

S70.jpg

S72.jpg

S28.jpg

S30.jpg

C12_zps259755ea.jpg

Back