• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

You know. I've never measured the Standard Stock, but I'm pretty sure the length of the recoil tube has dictated the length of both stocks. I'd imagine that the spacer in the PG stock was calculated to bring the the PG stock to the same length as the standard stock.

Looking at your rig. I'd guess your considering a standard stock, bantam style reduction for body armor.

It can be done. the big difference in the PG stock reduction being that its easier because your only removing the PG stock spacer. With the standard stock your going to have to measure and cut the stock and probably fabricate a custom recoil pad. Brownells sells custom Recoil pads ready to cut and shape to size.

Or you could buy the PG stock directly from Choate. Some don't like the PG grip because of the position of the safety. I don't have any problem with the PG stock. Because I honestly don't use the safety that much anyway. Unless I'm storing the weapon or climbing over some kind of obstacle. I believe that Chris Costa is right. When he says "having your weapon on a sling doesn't mean you leave it hanging, bouncing around on your single point bungee most of the time. You really need to have one hand controlling your weapon at all times and good trigger discipline."(Not an exact quote, but close enough.) Leaving your weapon hanging while your jacking around like a tourist, taking pictures with your cell phone makes you look like food and when you look like food...You will be eaten. Having positive control of the weapon also greatly lessens the chance of a negligent discharge because a hanging weapon has gotten a piece of your kit inside the trigger guard.

I carry an M&P9c every day. It has a safety and the only time I ever use it is during holstering. The second it's properly seated in the holster the safety goes back to hot and stays there. You do that a few thousand times and it just becomes muscle memory habit. CCW holsters are often more problematic than duty holsters when it comes to reholstering negligent discharge. We had a guy here in Wichita accidentally kill himself in front of his kids. Trying to reholster a Glock while sitting in a mini van, while his wife was out getting a Redbox movie a couple of months ago. Pop, femoral artery, bled out, goodbye thanks for playing.

Anyway. That explains my views on the PG stock safety issue. I've been carrying shotguns pretty routinely for three decades (Even doing this with shotguns with safeties on the trigger guard.) and still have all my limbs, fingers, toes and friends. So this is working for me.

What the Heck. Today I think I'll just post a couple of family picks.

img2526ps.jpg

img2525fs.jpg

Mossberg 930 & duck hunting

Sorry, but I'm posting this twice... once in the 930 section & once in the hunting section...

Yesterday was "Youth Hunting" day here in CT

I took my 14 year old out for his first "alone" hunt...

We went to a local pond and set up the decoys, I set him in a bunch of reeds in the marsh then as I was heading back into shore in the canoe he got his first drake wood duck, without any help from dad. Within 10 minutes, he'd gotten the hen...

Then it started to pour!! He got the Greenwing Teal hen in a slow spot in the rain...

So... for those that believe that duck guns have to be 3-1/2" & camo, my son would argue otherwise...

Grif_w_ducks.jpg

930_w_ducks.jpg

930_w_ducks_2.jpg

Smitty

Re: Mossberg 930 & duck hunting

Thanks for sharing Smitty!

Mossberg 930 KAC Edition...

So does it make a Knights Armament Co. Edition if I put KAC parts on it ? lol.

Anyhow heres my take on the 930..

DSC09990.jpg

DSC09986.jpg

DSC09993.jpg

DSC00010_zps31914569.jpg

DSC09988.jpg

UPDATE Report:Just added a custom built side shell carrier.

I wanted to purchase a Side Armour Forward Shell Carrier.
The one dealer here in Canada said to me that it would be a 6 month wait !!!!!
The dealer in the US told me that I cannot purchase it from them due to their import policy.
PHHFT ! whatever.

Decided to go pro active and had a friend machine my own forward shell carrier.
The Side Armour was going to set me back around $90 CAN.(total cost with shipping) btw.

I picked up a picatinny bipod mount from Target Sports for $15. and a 2 shell belt holder for $20
The mount was milled down thinner and then the shell belt holder was bolted on giving me this pleasing result.

DSC00021_zpsd89c06a8.jpg

DSC00022_zps9c38bb46.jpg

DSC00023_zps0b4b5339.jpg

DSC00024_zpse4889e15.jpg

DSC00025_zps5e7aae11.jpg

DSC00026_zps83e0b12d.jpg

The carrier is built solid enough to hold the entire shotgun up and shaken ! PS - sorry for the blurry shot.
DSC00031_zps866c49c2.jpg

That's tough looking, but I bet that front end is heavy! I've been wanting to ad a shell holder on mine. Where and how did you do yours?

sendmorebrains said:
Mossberg 930 KAC Edition...

So does it make a Knights Armament Co. Edition if I put a KAC parts on it ? lol.

Anyhow heres my take on the 930..

DSC09990.jpg

DSC09986.jpg

DSC09993.jpg

DSC00010_zps31914569.jpg

DSC09988.jpg

That's about 36 flavors of "Get Off My Lawn"

Oh BTW those dummy rounds suck the fattest hog. They dont last very long at all with regular use. I went with the full aluminum snap caps (although more expensive) hold up way better.

Adding the BobCat picatinny fore end adds considerable weight. Its mainly due to the items I junked it up with: flashlight, side covers.

Where the compromise for me is that it helps keep down muzzle recoil during timed runs.

I am now a member of the 930 family. I received this combo set as a Christmas gift. However unlike most of the pics I see in this thread, this 930 will not be a home protection firearm. This one will be my deer killing machine [replacing my 9200, wich replaced the 500 12 g, wich replaced the 500 20g, hahaha]. With the rifled ported slug barrel already installed all I had to do was order out the scope base so I could mount my 3-9x40 on it. Now I have to figure out what mag tube extension [+2 ,+3, etc] will work best with the slug barrel and where to order it from. Any sugestions on that guys?

JB

930mossberg002.jpg

If it is 1/2 as dependable as a 500 I should be good. I have always ben a 500 fan [ I own 6 of them right now. 1 410. 2 20's and 3 12's ] and last year was the first time I owned a semi auto mossberg [9200] I liked the way the 9200 shot, but hated the way I had to push the button when loading. This 930 seams to be a big improvement over the 9200.

JB

Congrats on the new boomstick!

As for tube extensions, take a look at Nordic Components or S&J Hardware. I run a Nordic Comp. extension on my 930 and have had zero issues...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Congrats on the new boomstick!

As for tube extensions, take a look at Nordic Components or S&J Hardware. I run a Nordic Comp. extension on my 930 and have had zero issues...

Thanks, I will look into them.

JB

Back