• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Extending a blade

I found this blade in some old boxes of junk I have. It is a cheap United Cutlery bowie but I was thinking about making a mini project out of it. I plan on removing all the rust from the blade and bringing a high luster polish to it. I also want to put my own handles on it. That is where my question comes in. I am not sure what to call it but I know you fellas will know what I am talking about. The part that the handle connects to is way too short to throw a set of wood handles on. It previously had some bronze type handle on it. Can I take this to a welding shop and have them match the size and extend it a couple inches? I am no pro at welding or metal types so I don't know if this metal type would be ruined by the heat involved with welding. I will circle the area I am talking about and hope I am describing what I need well enough. Thanks for the input.

1104121931a-1.jpg

1104121931.jpg

Back