• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wheel GUNS!!

This was my first handgun.
wood_grips.jpg

How it looks now

That SP101 is a sleek and sexy beast of a gun. Strong and one helluva revolver. Thanks for showing that pic. Loved seeing it. +1 Rep point for your good taste in 5-shot sidearms@!

The only handgun I've ever owned: bought new at Jensen's in Tucson in 1973 for $60

images

.38 Taurus model 82...3" heavy barrel, stock grips, never malfunctioned or needed work. shoots as tight as I'm able, and balances and points like a finger.

I'm extremely partial to .45acp so my wheelgun had to be same caliber. Heres my Smith 625.

Attachments

• S&W 625.JPG
    S&W 625.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 193
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ooooh, I love it!

I've got a 9mm snubbie, but I really need a .45acp revolver in my life...
About the only thing that would be more unusual than the 9mm that I can think of is about 20 years ago a buddy had a 6" stainless security six that he picked up an extra cylinder up for so he could convert it to .38 super, had a heck of a time getting timing down but sure was trick for its time.

I attended an organizational meeting of my city's gov't employees tonight, which fell on my day off. So I showed up in 5.11 tac pants, a reinforced instructors belt, USMC olive suede boots, an embroidered polo shirt....

And a 4" Model 28 Smith and Wesson Highway Patrolman sporting Hogue exotic wood grips in a tanned leather pancake holster.

Lots of cool comments from people, including the sheriff who was in attendance!

I think there were some folks who had never seen a copper wearing an N-Frame revolver. Lots of stares.

Chris, is that unfluted Model 29 a -10 version? It's real handsome.

Love seeing the target hammer on it. Is the trigger the wide serrated one?

The number behind the cylinder is -2. Production was 88' or 89' I believe. I wrote SW an email one time asking the year it was made. The trigger is smooth. I purchased it at a gun store it was on consignment. I believe I stole it. $350.00 It shoots very well, it locks up tight and the finish is near perfect.

If you shoot me the s/n with the last three digits as "xxx" I will tell you when it was made. I have the S&W book with manufacturing dates info by s/n.

Or sell it to me for a $50 profit and I'll just look up the date of my newly-acquired revolver all by myself! :)

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
My Pop's matching set of Colts...

Model 1840 Single Action Army, .45lc

These beauties have consecutive serial numbers and have never been rolled...

Oh

My

God...........

Now I will be awake all night!

Unbelieveable.

Haha, sorry to keep you up nite!

The crazy thing is that my Mom, who knows next to nothing about guns except that my Pop likes Colts, stumbled upon this set and thought it'd make a neat gift for him. She had no idea what she found until he nearly passed out opening the box... :lol:

You do know that you and I are biological brothers separated at a very early age (I'm the first born son) , and that Dad has always made sure to keep me in his will.............. :)

Back