• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Funny thing is, I use Google maps ALOT at work...way faster than plotting somehting on a chart :lol:

Just clicked on the link to the MossberOwners Hats in your Signiture. How will these be available? I'm kind of a freak when it comes to head gear... so much so that my 2 year old daughter yells at me when I leave the house and I dont' have a hat on. Am I even worthy of owning a MO hat :oops: , don't I need at least 1000 post and 50 rep points ;)

My screen name is my first name, and first letter of my last name.

My avatar is the album cover of one of the greatest punk/rockabilly albums of all time, by my favorite group.

My screen name is what my husband calls me at the range when I steal his mossy so I can shoot it, which happens a lot. He says it with a pleased yet irritated tone in his voice. My avatar is me shooting my carry gun a Springfield V 10 .45 cal. Yep I'm a lefty. All the flames are because its ported. my friend always complain about how they feel the blast in the firing lane next to me ! :lol:

Yeah, well it's still just a left handed gun.

Who wants a freekin left handed gun for cryin' out loud?

Why don't you get a REAL gun; a right-handed one????????

homeboysiteslz8.jpg

If I had a Glock, this is what I'd want for Christmas!!! (And I could still shoot it right handed) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think you'll feel right at home here MossyMistress (you're not related to MossyMildot are you :D ) This is by far one of the most helpful forums I've been a member of!

Ha! I've seen that pic before. Still funny.

Welcome everyone. Thanx for checking us out!

My wifes a lefty too.....I bust her stones all the time. ;)

nitesite said:
Yeah, well it's still just a left handed gun.

Who wants a freekin left handed gun for cryin' out loud?

Why don't you get a REAL gun; a right-handed one????????

Ha ha funny,
:lol:
I'm just talented enough to adapt and overcome in a right handed world! With right handed guns.

I happened upon my screen name many years ago. I was teaching my oldest boy some basic outdoor survival techniques and during a segment on traps and snares he said "what are you, like the snare-master or something"? Still an inside-joke between us, especially if there is a fishing line mishap in progress.

Combine that with the fact that I build custom musical drums ( many of which are snare drums) and it made for a good fit. (along with the first 3 digits of my zip to avoid conflicting with other snaremasters)

The avatar is my eldest feline waiting for something to come by that he can pounce on.

Screen name is pretty easy to figure. Look at the e mail address. I bought my 500 m to protect by boat and home. Boating and fishing is my passion as well as shooting my many different guns. I am not a hunter but love to shoot targets and traps. Going for pistol permit interview next week. So I hope to add some new tools to the trade. I do have an avatar but not sure how to set it up. It too might be self explaining. I have to look over the sight some more. Just signed up about 20 minutes ago. If some one can direct me to the avatar set up that would be much appreciated.

Vinny

Towards the top left side of the screen you should see "User Control Panel". Click on that and then go to the avatar section. You may need to re-size the image to meet the guidelines. A quick and easy way of resizing is to paste the image into paint, select stretch/skew image and then reduce each dimension by equal percentages. Depending on the size of the original image, you may need to go 20, 30, 40%, etc. If it is still too big, just keep reducing the percentages equally until it is accepted. Do a save-as and then select as your avatar. Other programs can do resizing as well, but I've found that paint is quick and easy.

Good day all,

Screen name is because I am a Volunteer Fire Fighter here in Central New York State. Avatar will be changed once I find one that fits.

Thanks for helping keep us safe out there!

If you find an avatar pic you like, you can resize it to fit. Let us know if you need any help...

Glad to help.

We're always willing to offer advice, just be careful 'cause it may not always make sense... :lol:

Well my s/n means in english "the crazy guy". I got it back when I was in high school for being just a bit outspoken to other students in school or for doing random acts of dumbness and till this day I still haven't changed, well maybe a little bit, I'll be an adult when I have to be one. When I don't have to be, I'll act as old as my own son who is 2 haha, my wife still loves me either way.

My avatar is my Texas custom plates that are on my car.

When I was first getting into computers in the very early 90's I discovered that the basic components of the system was called the corelogic chipset. This consisted of the North and South bridge chips that controlled the way all information came into and out of the computer, and controlled all teh other components talking to each other. Since the corelogic chipset was the "beginning" of the computer, and I was just "beginning" to learn about about them, I changed a letter to make it unique and Corelogik, me, was born.

As for the avatar, I spent a lot of time on 'Nix systems. My favorite were the BSD based versions so I used a BSD Daemon and recolored it my favorite color and added a seal from my first website in 1996.

Smokeader said:
Good day all,

Screen name is because I am a Volunteer Fire Fighter here in Central New York State. Avatar will be changed once I find one that fits.

Mine stands for Shannon fire dept. Im volunteer also. And 714 is my call sign/helmet number.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Nice fellas!

It's always interesting to see how folks come up with their screen names. Thanks for sharing...

My screen name comes from the other big hobby, old cars. In particular street legal drag cars. Have had the '68 Dart (MoPar) for over 25 years and it currently has a 540 cube motor

Back