• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Re: 930 28" barrel ???

Very Nice!!! I like it.

Re: 930 28" barrel ???

DHonovich said:
How does it feed the light loads?

well i am at about the 100rd mark any issues i have had has been the tube mag

but if a fire from hip it wont cycle fully any cure for wimpy loads? did this before and after the chop job

Mossberg 930 Replacement Parts

During a training session this week, one of my seal rings broke in half. Can anyone direct me to on online seller of replacement parts? (I have had no luck with the standard Cabelas, Brownells, Cheaper-than-Dirt, or MidwayUSA.)

Thanks!

Re: Mossberg 930 Replacement Parts

Welcome aboard!

Honestly,

I would contact Mossberg sales or tech support directly...

(203) 230-5300

You may have to wait on the line a few minutes before getting through, but they've always taken care of me when I need them...

Gap between vent rib and receiver???

Hello all,

I recently picked up my 24" JM Pro and took it apart tonight, checked for any packing gunk, cleaned it and lubed it. When I re-assembled I noticed I have an approximately 1/16 of an inch gap between the vent rib on the barrel and the receiver. I honestly can't remember if that gap was there before or not. Shouldn't the back of the vent rib be meeting flush with the receiver? It's literally driving me nuts right now. I even took the barrel off again and put it back on but that barrel won't go any further.

Thanks for the help,

Dan

Ported barrel observation

Interesting observation yesterday evening while viewing 2 different shotgun being discharged for the first time...

Both shotguns were 12 gauge, one a 930, and the other a Weatherby SA-08.

First time firing for both shoguns. Identical factory loads (3.1/4 dram, 1 oz of 8 shot) were discharged.

The shooter, my 29 year old Daughter, an avid upland bird, duck hunter and big game hunter).

The test- unbeknown to her, was my observation watching muzzle rise or jump upon shooting. IE., does the muzzle porting on the 930 assist in limiting the amount of jump?

Observation: There is a very obvious difference in the amount of jump muzzle jump with the 930 being substantially less-close to 4 inch difference.

The shotguns do differ in weight, with the 930 a small amount heavier, while the stock configurations are close to identical.

So, weight can make a difference, HOWEVER; there is a noticeable difference between the two shotguns. A noted gun writer had written, "the porting was useless and only served to make the shotgun loud." Our simple test with a small frame female showed there was difference between the two shotguns.

Patrick

Re: Ported barrel observation

Nice work, if you really want to argue tell someone who thinks they know what they are talking about that the muzzle flash is less with proper porting work done. It was proven here that it is in fact less muzzle flash at night because the fire is dispersed through many holes instead of one big hole, so that is another benefit of porting ,done right of course .........not that your bird hunting at night.
It is quite a bit louder though

Re: Gap between vent rib and receiver???

Welcome Aboard, Dan!

If possible, some pictures might help figure out what your problem is with the Gap

Re: Gap between vent rib and receiver???

24inchjmpro.jpg

this is a file photo there appears top be a gap in the photo

Re: Ported barrel observation

I like my firearms louder!

Keeps folks from crowding me at the range... :D

Re: Mossberg 930 Replacement Parts

Thank you for your help. Mossberg sells the gas piston assembly with the seal rings, but not the seal rings independently. I'll have a backup from now on.

Re: 930 spx chamber/gas port/spring question

Hi Starfury nice polishing job. Can you tell me if you ever remove the chamber spring, I pulled mine out of my 935 and it has a seal ring at the bottom of it. Putting it back in is a different story.

kevosurfz - thanks. I haven't pulled the big chamber spring yet… it looks like it might be a real bear to put back in (probably have to use a bolt/large washers to crank it down and compress while spinning the nut). That seal at the bottom of the spring appears to be the "root of all evil" regarding scratching up of the mag tube!

930 SBS Redux...

Last thread I saw on this topic never really ended with any concrete answers so I would like to pose the question again....
What is the shortest length that I can take the barrel to and still maintain reliability? Do the 14" systems I see require additional modifications to the gas system?

Re: 930 SBS Redux...

NFA issues aside, I would think you may may to enlarge the gas ports a bit but I am not sure. I can't own a SBS here and I'm not sure I've ever seen one online that was not a pump/break action design.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can chime in as I would be curious as well, just for the sake of knowledge. :D

getting that spring back in took me over an hour of lots of choice words and struggling and "almost" cross threading the retaining ring..... but i got it in and threaded all the way down ,and needless to say , i wont pull it out again .

Back