• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Springfield Armory...

Nice choice Trevor! That is on my list of possible CCW pistols, just in OD Green and Black.
I can't wait to hear what you have to say :D

"Not an XD" that's what I always have to say to anyone when I discuss this gun. My Springfield V10 ultra compact .45 cal. The grips I made myself by doing a cast mold of a different pair of grips. They're clear and I can put anything cut to size behind them. Got the idea from seeing some old clear grips. I was told by the owner that soldiers used to make them out of broken aircraft canopies and put pictures of there sweethearts back home under them while deployed. There not very durable so I ccw with hogue grips. But it was a fun project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 283
Beautiful V10 and grips!

Definitely not something you see every day. I learned to shoot on a .45 as a kid and have always been in love with both the round and the 1911 platform. I'd love to read more about the porting and how it handles for you...

Hey lazy eyed sniper, got to admit y'all's forum is addicting. Haven't got any housework done today.The porting is great it kicks less than my S&W 38 and is more comfortable to shoot than my Ruger LCP. It's because most of the rear kick is directed upwards through the porting which allows you to get back on target quickly. They made a full size version too it's called a V16 and I'd just about give my right arm to have one. Only draw back is the feed ramp is so steep that it will not work with regular hollow point ammo. I fixed the problem with power ball ammo.

Got this one for my 5th wedding anniversary. Had a choice between a .45 or a big diamond ring. The gun store clerk actually shook my husbands hand.lol

MossyMistress said:
Only draw back is the feed ramp is so steep that it will not work with regular hollow point ammo. I fixed the problem with power ball ammo.

Cor-Bon is good ammo. What brand and JHP bullet doesn't feed well?

MossyMistress said:
Got this one for my 5th wedding anniversary. Had a choice between a .45 or a big diamond ring. The gun store clerk actually shook my husbands hand.lol

Damn, I like your style!

Thanks nitesite. Well just about all JHP I tried.would show you a pic of what happens but I don't have any of said ammunition on hand. The hollow tip butts up to the feed ramp and the rear of the bullet is forced up first. Effectively jamming the gun. But as long as I use ammo that's not hollow point for practice it's never given me a problem. For ccw I keep it loaded with the power ball brand.

Maybe I'll try for the V16 for my 10 yr anniversary thats coming up soon.....my poor husband!

Yes this place gets addictive pretty quickly! :D

I've got a couple firearms that don't like HP either, but I have found that Hornady Critical Defense works well in even my most picky eaters...

I'd bet serious money that her feed issues are related to the magazine feed lip geometry and not the feed ramp. It has to do with when and how the case rim is released from the magazine and begins to rise up behind the extractor.

Springfield Armory issues magazines with wadcutter feed lips which let the case rims release way too early and much lower than the timing found with hardball feed lips. Also, the wadcutter lips are more horizontal and the hardball lips are slanted upward to help guide the cartridge into the chamber.

Not gonna bet against you on that one.

Any feed issues I've ever had in a 1911 were mag related...

Thanks nitesite & oli,

This little booger was my arch nemesis for a while. Outta the box I couldn't hit water shoot'n from a boat with the damn thing. The trigger had all kinds of slop and broke like a wet carrot. Installed a PRP trigger kit and it's a sweet little shooter now...

I posted this in the 1911 thread but it is also a Springfield so here it is again. Next one will be a Champion Operator.

IMGP0007.jpg

Back