• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

hi from oregon

jerry47

Copper BB
love the site.i have a Mossberg 500 with ghost ring sites, heat shield,tactical lite and a side saddle and a butt stock sleeve.so i carry 17 rounds in and on the gun.i like it as much my Winchester 1300 defender.it holds more shells but they both shoot great.i have not yet decided on a butt stock with a pistol grip.any comments for or against would be appreciated.thanks

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum jerry47 !!

I own and use both the full stock and pistol grip...full stock offers better control, pistol grip offers compactness in tight quarters.

Welcome aboard Sir!

Like SHOOTER said, your choice of stock type should depend greatly on your intended purpose for the weapon. Adjustable stocks with pistol grips can have their advantages, but can be less than desirable for sport shooting. I use both types, but for different purposes. Take a look around the 500 and 590 subforums and you'll find plenty of conversation on the pros and cons of each stock type for multiple shooting applications.

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 500 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome from MI!!

Got any pics of that 500?

Howdy jerry47 and welcome to the club.

i am thinking of the full fixed stock with the integrated pistol grip.i have shot pistol grip only and don't like the non control i get from a full stock.thanks for the comments here is a pic or two

Attachments

• dads pics 015.jpg
    dads pics 015.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 156
  • dads pics 004.jpg
    dads pics 004.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 156
  • dads pics 003.jpg
    dads pics 003.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 156
Check out the Blackhawk/Knoxx SpecOps stock (Gen 1, the 2nd gen models are de-spec'd junk), the Phoenix Technologies Kicklite, or the ATI Talon models. We've got plenty of members that use the three models and are happy with them. I use the Blackhawk SpecOps myself amd have been happy with it from day one...

Back