• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

A quick question to the guys who've replaced their stocks.

Is the buffer tube removable? I was hoping to put the magpul fixed MOE stock on mine, but it requires an A2 buffer tube (and buffer + springs, obviously).

Magpul_MOE_Fixed_Stock_-_Black.jpg

Anybody know if swapping them would be possible?

The buffer tube comes out but it's bolted in place.
It comes off when the rifle is taken down for cleaning
Is the MOE tube the same diameter as the mossberg's ?

Oh well than! I stand corrected :)

As for what size, it is most likely Commercial but I don't have one on hand. Do you have a stock already too compare?

Itsricmo said:
Trevor I want to see more pictures when you are finished :D

Arctic White on guns is rare to me and awesome!

I havent got around to it yet itsricmo, I got an xd sc 9mm and a new o/u shotty I been playin with!! I did however shoot the tac 22 along with them on sun (got on paper at 300yds!!), but no new paint yet. It is on my list of to-do's though :)

Any suggestions on how to shorten the hand guard? I saw some photos but what tools were use to cut the polymer?

If your talking about mine, fine....I like it where its at....I have thought about trying to make it a little higher, but as it sits now, I am very comfortable with it

Yikes! That's a low sight line lol

Glad it works out for you though!! That's a good lookin' rifle though!!
How does it shoot?

It shoots great I love the rifle, took a while to get the 25 rd mag it came with to work correctly, but now that ive taken it apart, glued the spring to the red plastic piece and did a little filing, everything seems to work very well.

Awesome! That's good to hear!
My fiancé's cousin had a hell of a time with the magazine coming out for about a month.
Now that it is broken in a little more, no problems at all

This is my Moss...picked it up a few days ago...decided to give it a little paintjob..and I picked up a nice red dot sight today. Puts some weight to the gun and adds some more rails!:) now just waiting on my bipod...forgrip..some rail covers...and I wanna see what I can do for the butt stock.

DSC00103.jpg

Itsricmo said:
Looking Good!! I like that you did the Butt Stock too!
What made you decide not to do the Pistol Grip??

I'm thinking about doing the hand grip..but i'm affraid that if i do it..the pain will wear off on my hands. I've been using the krylon camo paint. have you painted yours and had no issues?

I do not have one, my Fiance's cousin does lol.. I have Krylon'd a Savage rifle before though. The paint will chip off eventually but I never had any rub off onto my hands during or after use. I put down a base layer of primer.

bubba the riffle looks great, I've been thinking of doing something similar. I just dont trust myself enough with spray paint.

Back