• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Beretta

Ohhhhh....sweet...

Aluminum grips? Hmmmm.....I have a bunch of aerospace grade aluminum....interesting.
I Must try to replicate those.....

The one I was playing with was actually a 92A1.....don’t know the difference but I really like the action and the SA trigger felt really good. It was made in Italy, I hear some are and some aren’t ?

The M9A1 is a railed version of the original M9/92fs with some added checkering to the front and back strap. The 92A1 is a newer version with an internal recoil buffer and a few other added features. Both great pistols...

Oli brings up a point I've been wonderin about.

Some made in the US others in Italy. Beretta MSRP is the same, but is there any significant difference in manufacturing or quality?

The way I understand it is that one stipulation of the U.S. military contract is that manufacturers are required to have a production facility here in the States. This way any arms carried by U.S. service men and women are American made rather than imports. Beretta's production facility in Accokeek MD was opened up in the 70's to put them in the running for the U.S. military trials and they won their contract in '85. They have been turning out some fine weapons for the U.S. military and civilians alike in their domestic facility. Most new product development is still initiated in Italy and the relatively new 92A1/96A1 models will likely continue being made overseas unless adopted by U.S. armed forces.

I've got both U.S. and Italian made models and can't tell any difference in quality at all. Some folks do seek out the Italian Berettas specifically for the "Made in Italy" stamp, but I went after my Italian Inox for the aesthetics. The U.S. made Inox 92 has black controls and accents, whereas the Italian Inox has all stainless appointments. She's just too pretty not to have...

Ahhh, I understand, that explains the FNH production facilities in SC.

Thanks LES, that makes sense and helps alot. My preference would be to purchase one from the US plant then. OH! And those alumagrips too! :D

Yup,

FNH, Glock, SIG, H&K, and several others all set up U.S. based subsidiaries. Along with opening up potential for U.S. military contracts it also helps reduce operational costs associated with international shipping, import taxes, etc.

I wasn't sure how the aluminum grips would feel, but I'm pretty impressed so far. They're very comfortable. They do 1911 grips too, but I still like wood for mine. Have you checked out their site? You can do some pretty cool customization...

Alumagrips

Sweet, I'm gonna look at those!

For all pratical use, I havent yet tried anything I like as much as the Pachmayr wrap around grips, and thus far like the feel of the factory grips of the 92. Def gonna check out the aluma grips, Thanks man!

sweet! you actually still have them on. that...makes me feel good.

What the hell are you talkin about bro?! They're never coming off!!!

...for those of you just tuning in, our very own ripjack13 made the set of custom ebony medallion grips on the 92 Vertec (top left)...

I just assumed since you have so many of them you change em out here n there.? Idk....I was just thinking out loud. Didn't mean anything bad about it either. Just sayin it makes me feel good to see em....

Nah man, I'm damn proud of the grips you made!

Only have two sets of Vertec grips, the works of art you made and the cheap factory plastic panels. I didn't mean anything either bro, just surprised you thought I'd ever take them off. :D

Thanks again rip! You're an amazing craftsman...

Sorry, but I haven't been back here for a while and I've added a few more Berettas to the collection.

002-36.jpg

006-24.jpg

009-12.jpg

010-11.jpg

007-24.jpg

007-10.jpg

005-14.jpg

92SB.jpg

92SB1.jpg

041.jpg

Back