• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Poly-Frame Photo Thread

px4.jpg

The only poly framed gun I own.

Shoots like a dream, accurate as I need it to be and it is quite the soft shooter. 9mm is not bad to begin with, but with the rotating barrel design, I feel as though it is even easier to shoot. So far I have had zero malfunctions of any kind and there is around 1000 rounds through it.

The HK USP .45 is the most accurate .45 I have ever fired. I would love to have one.
I also like your OD SR9. I have been looking at adding an SR9C to the collection for the wife. LGS has a stainless one for $399.

Good lookin guns and real good pics too!!!

I don't own any poly frame pistols, or a pistol at all right now. I personally really like the feel of steel guns and no other handgun fit like my 1911. A close second is the Beretta 92.

All that said, I have a couple questions. I really wanna like Glocks as well as Sigs and the HK USP, but the grip is just too big and chunky feelin in my hand on each. The Sig was the closest to bein a good fit of the three.

Here's what I'm wonderin. Is the grip slimmer or maybe not as deep on the Glock 30 .45 auto? And how about the new Springer XD single stack .45? Anyone have any experience with those?

One reason I'm lookin is for my wife who's hands are smaller than my own and if its chunky in my hands, it won't fit her for sure, nor will it work for my daughter. Like I said, a big part of the problem lies in the depth of the grip from front to back. Some have interchangable straps, but I don't know which.

Any ideas?

The Glock 30 is a chunk. The Glock 30SF (slim frame, short frame?) is not as deep from front to back. Glock says it is as small as they can make a hi-cap .45 grip. I have never handled one of those.
The grip on my Sig P250 Compact .45 is much narrower than the G30 with only 1 round lost to the 9 round mag. It is, however, a taller pistol.
The G30 sits much lower in the hand than the P250C, but I cannot tell much difference in recoil or muzzle flip between the two.
IMG00144-20121112-2055.jpg

IMG00141-20121112-2052.jpg

IMG00137-20121112-2050.jpg

I have not had an opportunity to check out the Springer XD single stack, but you might try out the Glock 36. It is a 6+1 single stack .45 that is narrower than the G30 in both slide and frame width.

The Glock 30 is still a double-stack .45, so it's wider overall than the smaller bore sub-compacts and the grip is just as chubby as the rest of 'em if not more. The G36 is their single-stacked .45. It's thinner overall and does have a thinner grip as well. Any of the gen-4 Glocks will have the interchangeable backstraps. I've handled the XD-S .45 and didn't like it at all. The grip was way too thin for me and seemed like it'd be a booger to hold onto when firing.

I'll very likely be adding a G36 to the roster down the road...

Ooooh, thanks fellas! I could def do a single stack Glock! Ill try and find one of those to check out!

Thanks for the pics Cecil!

My Tupperware...M&P-40, G19, G30 SF.
Have a G20 SF on order....can't wait to put some rounds through that.

DSCN5597.JPG

Here's a comparison of the Springfield XD-S 45 and a Glock 30.

photo1.jpg

photo5.jpg

I apologize for the poor quality pictures. The XD-S is my every day carry. I tried to do that with the 30 but was never comfortable with the bulk.

20120927_114215.jpg

FNX 40

Waiting on my fiber optic sights that the Post office in Austin apparently lost...

20121003_154016.jpg

Kahr CW40

Back