• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

magazine tube liner?

Ttutt

.270 WIN
one thing that has always irked me about my 500 is the sound of the magazine spring sliding along the inside of the magazine tube as it is being compressed. lots of followers are available in many materials, but none of those would address the sound of that spring.

i've been looking around at various sources for some PTFE film that would be thick enough to be able to be springy and hold its shape inside the mag tube between the tube wall and the spring. my only concern is the possibility of the film catching on a shell as it is being loaded and then binding up.

whatever the lining was made of, it would have to remain thin as possible in order to maintain clearance for the shells to move freely. I guess if you found something really thin, then you could form a tube over a rod of the right size, then use something adhesive perhaps to force it to keep its tube shape.

does anyone have any ideas or input on something like this?

I think that sound is part of a shotgun :)
Just like the Iconic sound of the Slide Assembly when you rack the pump <3

Other than my Opinion on the sound I have nothing to add ^_^

Back