• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rounds to "break in" the 702 and 715T

Hi again,

Looking for advice on which type of rounds to break in the above rifles. Research via the internet says use CCI seems to be rated best, but I am looking for advie from folks who have already gone thru the process. Thanks ahead of time.

Smoke

My daughters 802 ate anything and everything, But its a bolt action, I don't see any reason you shouldn't go with the CCI mini mags on the semi auto, Just to it works the action a little more with less FTF's.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Will do. Going to be a couple of weeks before we get the rifles and out to the range. I am planning to break both down and get them cleaned up first. Not want to head out with something that I dont understand the working of in case things get "rotten".

I would definitely suggest CCI for the first couple hundred rounds at least. It just helps remove a degree of the ammo variable from any functional issues that may arise...

Back