• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lever Guns

thats a beauty ive wanted one in 45colt , winchester sure has screwed up not making lever action, ive own several , 94's marlin 336's now iam into puma 45colts, the 93 copies , guessw ill never grow up and always like lever guns

LeverRifles.jpg

10-08144.jpg

Here's my Winchester 94-22. I have had it since around 1996. I had always wanted a lever gun and needed something to plink with cheap .22LR ammo and this filled both needs nicely. About 2 weeks ago I had group of 12 shots in a paper plate size group at 100 yards with the iron sights. It's still fun to plink with.
qhE37.jpg

Edited to add this picture. The lever throw seems kind of lonf for a .22 LR
SoMp8.jpg

Forgot all about this thread...
Here is a,pic of my previously mentioned Winchester 94 in 30-30 my dad bought me in 1980 along with my son's Henry Youth .22lr

IMG_4880.jpg

Nice looking pair Vitsports6. Nothing says classic America like a Winchester 30-30 lever gun!

This afternoon my buddy and I went out to shoot and I did a little plinking with my Henry Lever Action .22. I was testing out some different ammo but my favorite at the moment is CCI Stinger .22LR .32grain hollow points. I forget how fast they fly but you can tell there is a huge difference in the sound of the ammo. My gun shoots decent groups with them, however they are a bit higher at 100 yards than the .36 grain rounds I've used in the past. I need to adjust my scope if these are what I decide to use. I'm hoping they will bring something similar to .17HMR performance to my .22. It's a lot to wish for, but I think with how fast these suckers fly it may be a reality. More accuracy tests and shooting will take place in the near future...

Makeshift 100 yard range:
IMG_0047.jpg

My buddy shooting (he has the same gun)
IMG_0049.jpg

My gun + bunch of random crap
IMG_0048.jpg

speaking of Henry lever action .22s, I just picked this H001 up today. I definitely don't have to worry about scratching it, or accidentally removing some bluing, because the previous owner took care of that.

It does not appear to have ever been cleaned. Remarkably there is hardly any rust.

All that being said, the gun shoots beautiful. I have shot a Henry .45 LC lever in the past and it was smooth, this .22 is the exact same way.

It needs a new mag spring, a GOOD cleaning, and then I am going to give it to my old man for a Christmas present. I know my mom will kill him if he buys one so I am providing a loophole! :lol:

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 476
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 476
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 476
Nice, the old Christmas firearms loophole!

Very cool rifle and an even better gift. Nicely done Sir...

thanks LES! I wish it was in better shape, but I paid $150 for it, which I feel is a good deal. I also got to help an unemployed friend with the money situation, also important.

My dad has always talked about Henry rifles and how nice they are for as long as I can remember, but he has never had one. This will take place of his old Ithaca model 49 that is currently disabled, and since this will be a 'garage gun' the scratches and missing bluing won't matter.

On a side note, apparently the Henry RAC doesn't have power, or didn't. I guess Sandy got them bad. I will have to wait a bit on that mag spring I guess.

Yup,

I heard they ended up with a lot of damage to their facility but are supposed to be operational this week. I actually like to see some scratching and scuffing on firearms, especially blued models. Just looks good to me for some reason...

honkey said:
E0AFE6C4-8257-4682-8B36-264A44EBCEBF-7371-0000061B8A9CE9C4_zpsa27f26a9.jpg

Just picked this 44 Mag Winchester 94AE. Haven't fired it yet and I need to find some ammo.

Very nice I'd love to pick one of those up one day

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Now the only problem is that having the rifle makes me want a revolver to pair with. I am keeping my eyes out for a Ruger Redhawk.

Back