• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Rick~

Unless you want to shoot a RIA GI Gov't at 75-feet or beyond, you will be amazed at how instinctive you can point-shoot a 1911 even if it has small GI sights. Inside of 10-yards you really won't need precise sight alignment.

Here's a pic of my Springfield A1, made a few simple mods back when I got it in 96

Attachments

• Springfield Govt Model.JPG
    Springfield Govt Model.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 310
Here's my 2 tone Springfield Champion picked up earlier this year, 1997 model I believe, made a few additions to it as well.

Attachments

• Springer Champion During.JPG
    Springer Champion During.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 310
And finally here was my 1993 Colt Combat Commander "Enhanced" Model I bought new and only ever had function test firing after purchase, spent all these years in the safe but a buddy convinced me to sell it to him a couple of months ago.

Attachments

• Colt CC E leftside.JPG
    Colt CC E leftside.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 310
Really? GI sights are that nice? They seemed pretty basic and primal lol.... :/
But I guess that is just like the Brass bead sight on a shotgun :D

I stopped again and checked it out today after work, I really like it! Grips have to go for sure though... Just as well, and extended safety and extended slide lock/release

Great lookin shooters batjac!

I learned how to shoot on my Pop's Combat Commander he's had since the early 70's. One helluva fine weapon. Nice work on those Springers. How much fitting did it take to get that beavertail in the A1?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Great lookin shooters batjac!

I learned how to shoot on my Pop's Combat Commander he's had since the early 70's. One helluva fine weapon. Nice work on those Springers. How much fitting did it take to get that beavertail in the A1?
Thanks guys. Wasn't bad, had to do the Champion as well, it turned out a little better IMO. I bought a couple of different jigs from Brownells years ago ( back when the only way you got a beavertail was on a custom made or you did it yourself) My 1st attempt was on an Auto Ordnance late 80's early 90's, always a little nerve racking but learned long time ago anything on a 1911 needs to be slow and in small increment's.

detal stripped my Kimber for the 1st time yikes) this weekend.

i have to tell ya it wasnt because of issues it just needed cleaned.

ended up having to watch a youtube video to get everything back where it belonged but function test and good to go
P1010140.jpg

lol Nitesite, can you guess the bullet weight and fps? :p

Very nice Kimber! I stroked a Desert Warrior today, again... just stroked and set it back down before just looking at it hurt the wallet haha

yes and 8 round Wilson Combats

I have not used anything but Wilsons in this 1911 not even the factory Kimber

Itsricmo said:
lol Nitesite, can you guess the bullet weight and fps? :p

I'm goin with 230 gr and somewhere in the area of 970 fps. A slow movin rather heavy projectile.

I love the argument of what is better:

Big and Slow or Small and Fast :p
Personal I don'y want to get hit by either!

Roger :) lol I like watching the people that are 100% bias to one or the other fight among each other :D
I prefer big and slow, thus my horrible addiction to shotgun slugs and the great consideration of the .45 acp in 1911 platform... But the 9mm and rifle calibers have their applications too!

I would agree on the 230 grain though Rossignol

Back