• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another hello from Central New York!

Top of the afternoon folks! New to the forum and new to the hobby of shooting. My better half of 26 years gave me permission to take up shooting as long as she gets to learn the hobby as well. After some research, we have narrowed it down to a 702 for her and a 715T for myself. The inners being the same was a deciding factor, as if you can clean one you should be able to get the other. I can deal with the "cosmetics" on the 715T. We tried her with the 715 but she did not feel comfortable with the weight, so we tried the 702 and she was good with that. Should be picking them up this weel, unless those of you in the know have better suggestions for first rifles.
We visited a local range that had a Open House Turkey Shoot yesterday, so she got a chance to take a look at the hobby and the rifles and shotguns. She likes the range shooting and mentioned perhaps taking up trap down the road.
Be ready for lots of questions regarding ammo, scopes, care, and all the other fun stuff that makes participating in forums fun!
Thank again for the invite and looking forward to becoming poart of the Mossy community.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your new rifles when they arrive. Take a look around and you'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Howdy Smaokeader and welcome to the club.

Welcome from MI!!!

Better half and I went out and got his and hers rifles tonight for our first firearms. She is going to learn on a camo 702 with no bells and whisltes (so far) while I went with the 715T stock as well. NY does not allow the adjustable stock or the 25 round clip with initial purchase from a store so that will perhaps be on the wish list for later. CCI ammo is a bit short out here so we went with Winchester M22 Target/Plunking rounds. A bit late to clean right now so they have locks installed and are locked away in the case.
Will keep you folks up to date on how things go under the 715T sub section!

Congrats on the new rifles!

We're lookin forward to seeing what you and she think about them. Let us know if you have any questions along the way. Be safe and hafe fun...

Back