• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Growing my roots..."The 590A1"

aksavanaman

Work In Progress...
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Well I found it fitting to stick to the same title as my 500 thread :D But there's really no good way to describe my excitement. Look at what I stumbled on today :p :p :p
DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

I'm the proud new owner of a brand new 590A1! I couldn't make this up if I tried, but I picked it up or $375 "used" from a guy who's transferring off Island for family reasons and didn't want to take his guns :eek: He showed me the receipt from when he bought it 15 days ago and said he put just 25rnds through it for function check (and it doesn't even look like it was fired). In my book... this is a brand new 590A1 for a steal! Still in shock, but proud to add another Mossie to the family!

That is an awesome find. Congrats!!!

Man that's GREAT deal, congrats!

Your're gonna love that A1. Looking forward to your range report...

Thanks guys! I've had the night to process this :D , and now of course I'm overwhelmed with options. I get to transform two platforms... endless possibilities! I'm thinking the 590 will transform into the full blown HD gun and the 500 will revert to a trench style (I know this is copying others :oops: ...but I love the looks). When I get the time tonight I'll swap over the Hogue stock and the ERGO forend (although she does looks pretty intimidating all black :twisted: ) Now I can also give the stock modification another go around and see how the limbsaver stacks up to the hogue. And then of course I'll need to be thinking of a bayonet ;) I'm lost for sure....down the Mossberg cliff :lol:

Dude that's awesome!!! Same model as mine! ;)

A surplus M7 I hear is a good fit.

Nice score! That price is great. The best deal I have seen in the last year is a local shop that has the same gun you have only in 18 1/2 length for $430 new in box. Enjoy it!

Well, I did get to take it out a couple days ago! Put about 200 shells through it, mostly bulk stuff... but I did start with some 00 :D She ran great...well... almost. I noticed a few times while cycling that the cartridge stop would wedge itself in front of the action slide bar (both while just cycling the action and during firing). It happened 3 times while on my outing, and each time...with a little tough love, it would go back into battery. So when I got home I dissasembled... cleaned and re-cleaned everything (which of course I did before going out). I also compared the 590 cartridge stop to the 500 (great to have to platforms to compare!!!) and it did seem ever so slightly bent inward. So, into the vice and a little more love... now they're the same :D I've cycled the action a few hundred times now and the problem seems to have gone away. Here to hoping I fixed the only issue I'll ever see on my 590!

P.S: I'm definitely not someone who cries about their gun being crap because it didn't function 100%. Guns are machines, made by man... it's inevitable that something will fail at some point in time.

Sorry for the little lull... so is life when you're told to hop on a boat for a couple weeks :D
I did swap over the hogue furniture from the 500 and it dressed up the 590 quite nice...pics will follow once I play catch-up with my housework ;)

Here we go, with my custom hogue stock, the ergo forend... some xtm rails and my 4sevens light riding in vtacs mount... I'm a fan (now I just need a matching bayonet :D )

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

And here are big brother and little brother together... although in their current configurations I would call it Grandpop and hothead-know-it-all grandson :lol:

IMG_0259.jpg

aksavanaman said:
And here are big brother and little brother together... although in their current configurations I would call it Grandpop and hothead-know-it-all grandson :lol:

IMG_0259.jpg

Wow! I love looking at 'em both. I'd be damn proud to own just one~ :!:

Good stuff.

Lookin good! Heck, they look GREAT! Lookslike a whole lot of fun sittin ready to go!

So... lesson learned the hard way for me yesterday... took her out to put a few shots of 00 through her and almost ripped the fingernail off of my thumb :eek:. I guess having the light on the forearm might not be the best place, but now I have an excuse to buy the rail attachment :D

Back