• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Deblinging and blinging guns

nasa

.270 WIN
Friday while the better half was having a yard sale I decided to rework my guns.

My 835 now with just the 24 inch rifled barrel, Williams Firesights, Choat +4 magazine extension, Knoxx Gen 1 Spec-Ops Blackhawk recoil reducing stock, Limbsaver butt pad and a sling.

My 88 now just the stock field barrel and stock with only the Williams Firesight for the vented rib.

My S&W M&P-15 Sport got a major transformation. Got an ATI 2 piece picatinny hand guard replacement with rail kits. The ATI part was about .22 inches to long to be a drop in fit so it was off to the chop saw and grinder. Deburred, refinished it and installed. It is a very tight fit but it is snug. With the red/blue dot on the riser mount, I mounted the 3-9 x 40 scope 45 degrees to the left, had to grind a little bit of the rail for the laser to mount it 90 degrees to the left to clear the scope mounts, light 90 degrees to the right, bi-pod folding forward on the bottom and using Velcro attached the remote buttons for the light and laser just below the safety. See through Weaver scope rings on the riser make the Magpul rear sight still usable with the A2 fixed front sight if needed.

Would have got it sighted in Saturday but spent the better part of the day burning brush and trash. Most likely will get it sighted in today Sunday. Will sigh it in a 50 yards for now and later take it to the farm where I can sigh it in for 100 yards.

With a simple right twist brings the scope into view and easier to police the brass. Not an expensive gun but it isn't shabby either. Still like my shotties but this one is a lot of fun as well. I would not advise someone to use one as home defense especially in the city. Not bad at my place due to the upsweep contour of my place here in the country not being bothered by the fear of shooting a neighbor or shooting across property lines.

Just a little tight going back into my field bag but is still fits. Will show some pictures later.

Back