• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just what I need for a bug out

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
The ultimate bug out robot:
article-2239705-1640E7DE000005DC-630_623x360.jpg

One recent creation with obvious military potential is the Boston Dynamics LS3 AlphaDog, a four-legged, autonomous robot that can follow a soldier like a cross between a faithful hound and a pack mule. This incredible machine can stand upright, walk for 20 miles without a break and carry up to 400 pounds.

Dude, I have recently seen a more up to date version of that! They had it running up to something like 25 mph and they couldn't knock it off balance with reasonable force. Pretty awesome but also scary! I heard on the radio this morning that they (Gov't) plan on 15,000 UAV's over American skies by late 2014..... imagine what they plan for these things... rest assured they will OF COURSE be unarmed... ha...

Itsricmo said:
Dude, I have recently seen a more up to date version of that! They had it running up to something like 25 mph and they couldn't knock it off balance with reasonable force. Pretty awesome but also scary! I heard on the radio this morning that they (Gov't) plan on 15,000 UAV's over American skies by late 2014..... imagine what they plan for these things... rest assured they will OF COURSE be unarmed... ha...

Anybody making a heatseeking SG round yet?

Tell me about it... I thought maybe it was a mistake and they meant 1,500 but I heard it again on another station on my way home from work later that day. What the hell do you need 15,000 UAV's for? That is more then surveillance... illegal none the less in my eyes...

But imagine Great Dane sized robots running at 25 mph... WHAT do they need that for???

So the "enemy" will expend its ammo on robots then the troops can go in and mop up?

That is one theory. I don't think they expressed the defense of the robot... needless to say I am sure they don't want the weakness' pointed out lol... I know the newest version can traverse through the woods pretty well but if you put a car on it's side... I don't think it is going to get over that,

Hypothetically, of course.. I don't think they really disclosed all the capabilities of this machine. I am sure since that show was filmed that more has changed.

Back