• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

KEL TEC

Oli, I put a few thousand rounds through it without a FTF. I did have the one problem and CS handled it immediately.

My friend bought a M&P at my recommendation and the front sight insert fell out the first time he shot it. Stuff happens. Kel-Tec took care of my problem better then S&W took care of his.

Is it comparable to some that cost 2-3 times as much, maybe not. For the price I still think think they are good guns. But like any other purchase one has to weight the pros and cons and decide for themselves.

oli700 said:
People buy them knowing they will have to "finish" the gun.....Am I seeing it wrong? Never owned one
I don't remember where I read it but someone put it the best way I can think to describe it on one of the gun forums. Kel-Tec makes a great base level gun that requires a little hand finishing that most avid gun users do to there weapons anyways. This is part of the reason they can keep the price of their firearms so cheap. When purchased and used with this in mind, they make great weapons for a great price. When users do have issues they are quickly resolved and usually above and beyond what was required to 'just fix' it. I've read of multiple people having simple "This broke" "That isn't in spec" or other issues that any gun manufacturer can and has had. The difference is that Kel-Tec, usually in under 3-4 weeks, will get your repaired/replaced part back to you and most of the time include that hand finishing for you. This is what led me to making this purchase as a BUG / Light CCW gun. With warmer weather coming and the fact that I like my carry guns to not have manual safeties, buying a Sig full size (which is still high on my list of next guns to get) just wasn't practical at this time. I'll still have it for a range toy/occasional carry, but it was easy to justify spending $200 on this.

Got a few more pictures taken with the new De Santis Nemesis pocket holster I picked up for the little girl today.

DSCN0408.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

I've had this little P32 for a while now, about 6 months, and have carried it on a fairly regular basis. While I love the fact that it can slip in and out of my pocket with a holster and feel/print like a wallet, I just can't get over the way it shoots. It's not bad, but I have long fingers and this thing just doesn't like my hands. It jumps around in my hand so much when recoiling that I end up shooting a few inches low at only 7 yards. I've tried changing up my grip and even ended up smoothing down the texture on the grip to get more hand contact on the gun. I'm going to try a few more things, including a mag extension and rubber grip, but I think this little guy may be getting traded/sold. It also doesn't help that .32 ACP is kinda pricey.

Now, I'm not trying to persuade anyone not to buy one of these. It truly is a good gun and if my hands fit it better it'd be perfect, this is just a quick review of how it's worked for me so far. I'll let ya know if the additions help or not.

Looks good man...

My very first Kel Tec was a Gen1 P32...which I carry in my boot top with the KT aftermarket clip. Fits great and holds secure even when running...

KTP32.jpg

The LGS has a NIB KelTec P11 for $209. Thinking of picking it up for a BUG. They also have a PF9 for $219. Both are blue steel, black frames.
I know from reading here that the KelTecs are popular guns and reliable, but is the price good? Preferences for either one? Are night sights available? I found XS night sights for $120, but no other brands.
Thanks for any help.

The prices you posted are very good for a NIB Kel Tec...

The P11 is the big brother of the PF-9...and holds three more rounds.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/

...I currently own 4 Kel Tec's... three PF-9's and a P-32. All are reliable and all three PF-9's are carried.

Shooter, when you carry this on your boot is it inside or outside the boot? I've been able to get it to clip to the outside, but it is way uncofortable on the inside.

YOU CARRY ALL THREE AT THE SAME TIME!??! ;) haha just kidding I know what you meant!
I took a look at the PF9 in OD Green and a Vendor Special in Hot Pink for the Miss' in my life :)

I don't like the trigger pull but it is a nice gun!

Was at Bass Pro today and picked up a Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove for my P32. I was to the point were I was just going to sell this little gun ..... until I slipped this baby on. I can't believe it but this thing feels like an entirely different gun. The palm swells let me get the grip I want without being to much. I still need to get to the range with this on but I have a feeling this is going to cure my pocket pistol blues.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Shooter, when you carry this on your boot is it inside or outside the boot? I've been able to get it to clip to the outside, but it is way uncofortable on the inside.

Inside of the 9" boot top...inside left leg for right handed crossdraw. I wear heavy boot socks that cushion it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
...well here it is, the new Coyote Tan PF9...

KelTec did a great job on the finish with this little booger and it's got a great feel to it. Can't wait to get out to the range and put a few hundred rounds down range. This will definitely end up in the carry rotation once I get it properly broken in...

That looks pretty sick. Makes me want a PF9 more now. Just add it to the list I guess.

Thanks ram,

The Mrs. gave me that one for my birthday last year. :D

Itsricmo said:
lol I would like one, but the trigger is so... BLAH! lol

The DAO triggers are a bit on the heavy side, but that's what you need with these little pocket pistols. Carrying with a round chambered and no manual safety you don't really want a light trigger...

The P3 AT is my everyday, everywhere carry gun. Still looking for a belt pouch for a mag or two. My nylon Buck knife case is too deep and I have to dig the mag out.

Back