• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Packs, EDC, First Aid/First Responder

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I'm going to have a few different packs to review in the near future. I'm including them here rather than in the packs and bags section to taker a closer look at the usefulness and functionality. As they deal mostly with emergency situations, I am not hoping for occasion to use any of them, but we can cover the contents and whether or not those contents would fill the most basic need of an emergency situation or how well each pack may help one to cope with a bad situation.

Please feel free to add any sugestions here of how you would like to see packs reviewed.

content?
purpose?
made in USA?
size?
compatibility with other equipment?
weight?

I will have 2 packs from Ergo and one from Mudinyeri I will be elaborating on. Cant have too many packs and bags. The more you have, the more bases you can cover. One at work, one in the truck, one for traveling... I'm kind oif approaching it that way for now. One will be like a small back pack. Since my daughter cant carry my big pack with all our gear, she can carry the small back pack with emergency firstaid and survival equipment should we become lost or stranded.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Ripcode said:
Rossignol said:
purpose?
size?
content?

The purpose will define the bag, size and contents. So start with purpose and go from there. :)

I believe youre right! I'll be illustrating your point with some pics in the near future.

I just got all 3 packs, The EDC from Toby (Mud), and the 2 from Ergo.

I'm impressed with all! Mud's EDC was very carefully out together and thought out. It is the smallest of the 3 but with so much in one small pack!!! The EDC from Mud is likely the one I would carry most commonly. It contains both basic first aid and survival tools. From a signal mirror and mini led to a small roll of cord and compass to bandages and shears to a whistle and fire starting materials.

The smaller first aid kit from Ergo is also a nice little pack. This is something I will likely keep in my tool box at work. It is mostly first aid, like truama bandages and dressing but also with a thermal blanket and energy bar.

The backpack from Ergo is called the Search and Rescue Go Bag. It has just about everything you can fit in a small backpack, just about everything you need to save your skin if need be. It has 2 Black Diamond locking carabiners, I dunno how many feet of 1" nylon webbing, 50' of 550 paracord, 1 litre of purified water sealed up with a 5 year shelf life, light sticks, compass, first aid and trauma, pry bar, flagging/marking tape, and so much more.

The only other couple things I'd like to have would be a signal strobe and blast match.

Both the EDC form Mud and the small pack from Ergo are MOLLE compatible and the back pack from Ergo is covered with MOLLE webbing.

My first impressions, I am impressed with all three! They each have a purpose and a job and I'll be carrying each. The one that will be carried most will be the EDC from Mud, based on a few things not the least of which is its size. It will fit in the pocket of some cargo pants, the glove box of the car or truck, toolbox or bag if youre the kind who carries something like that for work, or just about anywhere.

I'll update with some pics soon!

Back