• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Heat Shield 930 spx

RippSpeed

.270 WIN
The one thing I learned about sending 90rds down range with the 930 SPX is this thing needs a heat shield. I had one of those universal ones and it didnt fit at all ... Anyone knows where I can find one ???

I believe Mossberg sells one directly. You can also call Mike at AIMPRO and see what they have.

Talked to mike @ aimpro and he said that the only way to put a heat shield in is either braze one on or modify/cut your forend and heatshield to fit the 930 spx...

I think a Rhino Rail is the only answer for this issue ... I dont want the full rhino rail because of the weight but I want the forend to be rail so I can install a sig saur stop light as a forward handle...

85336.jpg

Have you looked into this one? I know the spx has a thicker barrel but you might be able to modify it...

DHonovich said:
85336.jpg

Have you looked into this one? I know the spx has a thicker barrel but you might be able to modify it...
thats the thing with these heat shields that Mike said you have to modify them and even then there are chances of it creating a problem with the gas piston or you having to grind down alittle material off your forend ...

i want a heatshield as well. at first i thought they were sexy, but i THINK it may kill the sexy lines of the spx, but i'd rather have a little bit of form over fashion. especially when i was handing off my spx to my son and had to keep reminding him not to touch the barrel. also a shooting buddy had a mossy 500 with a heatshield and i just kept commenting about wanting a shield from mine.

Bizill said:
i want a heatshield as well. at first i thought they were sexy, but i THINK it may kill the sexy lines of the spx, but i'd rather have a little bit of form over fashion. especially when i was handing off my spx to my son and had to keep reminding him not to touch the barrel. also a shooting buddy had a mossy 500 with a heatshield and i just kept commenting about wanting a shield from mine.
The only way to get a heat shield is to bolt on an ETA Rhino Tactical Rail system on the SPX ... I plan on doing this and when they have them back in stock...

Back