• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

Re: Fun With Grip Tape Part 2

tcecil88 said:
I learned a long time ago when I started working on Glocks that a roll of skateboard tape or walkway tape is worth alot of money when you are working on other people's guns. :D

That occurred to me lol. I happen to know 15 people that will be buying Glocks next month

Whoa! That is awesome! HAHAHAHA I was going to get something similar for my Mossberg 500 so the Butt-stock is slipper around the gripped section. Glad I saw this! I would be in the same boat as your buddy!!!

Itsricmo said:
Whoa! That is awesome! HAHAHAHA I was going to get something similar for my Mossberg 500 so the Butt-stock is slipper around the gripped section. Glad I saw this! I would be in the same boat as your buddy!!!

I suggest Home Depot lol. They had 2 kinds: Regular use and Outdoor use

Outdoor >:) Almost Insures it won'y peel off and will last with abuse :D
Just have to be careful, I am sure it is rough on bare hands!

Thanks tcecil88...it works pretty good for me !!

Also picked up on a kydex / leather hybrid from Cleveland's Holsters that works well when packin' my G30SF...

BLACKCUTG30-1.jpg

Cleveland's Holsters LLC is located in West Allis, Wisconsin.

https://clevelandsholsters.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clevelan ... 3708154588

I picked up a Desantis Intruder for my G23 on Ebay for $34.50 shipped. Should have it in a day or so.
KGrHqJlFCeqOWhnBBQvinoSHzw60_12.jpg

I actually looked into the conversion for my Glock 21. It was something like $500! Figured I could find another nice pistol for that money. It is pretty cool though! :)

Those .50 GI Glock conversions have been around since about 2009, and they're still $599. Have you seen the prices of the ammo? It never really caught on and major ammo manufacturers never adopted the round into production. If you're not reloading, Guncrafter Ind. is the only mfg selling it...

#GI300A 300gr. JFP 700 fps 20/rds - $25.25
#GI275A 275gr. JHP 875 fps 20/rds - $26.75
#GI185A 185 gr. CHP 1200 fps 20/rds - $42.25
#GI230A 230gr. CHP 1000 fps 20/rds - $42.25

... I'll stick with my .45... :D

haha Roger on the .45! I didn't look too deep into it and didn't know it existed that long! I have seen in on the back of a few magazines recently and thought it was new like the 17 hornet. I can agree that for the $500 you could dig something else worth while up!

I thought it was neat at first haha... I like conversions but not when they cost a small fortune!

Those specs are freakin awesome though! 185 gr. load going 1200 fps is 591 ft/lbs at the muzzle. 230 gr. load going 1000 fps is 510 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle. 275 gr. going 875 fps is generating 467 ft/lbs. at the muzzle. and the 300 gr. load going 700 fps is generating 326 ft/lbs at the muzzle. That would easily take down any animal from a mule deer and smaller, out of a Glock. How does this compare to the G20 in 10mm?

Accurate too, might as well leave a copy of this in the Glock section….I always say 1250 fps but in reality from my gun its probably 1200 with the 3.8 inch barrel. Hornady’s reloading manual says 1250 for the load I am producing, their maximum recommended load
101_1576.jpg

And we hear the the thump of the .50 G.I. falling to the floor exhausted after trying, and failing, to keep up with Oli's 10mm. :)

And I want to go hotter. AMAZING how the 29 tames this round. I want to find one that hurts a little then back it off half a grain lol. I am just scratching the surface of the round.

I have respect for all calibers and cartridges but that 50 is a little crazy. Yeah the 10 is a niche but I can find ammo at local stores, and I can readily find reloading components. The 50 is even more of a niche, I don’t know about reloading but it can’t be too common….and I really haven’t even seen it for sale online One also gives up capacity and weight to the 10....still though, it’s an ‘effn huge hole and that’s always cool but a 10 makes me feel special enough, I won’t be insecure enough for a 50gi for a few more years yet lol, the 10mm is my current mid life crisis round :lol:

Back