• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

want to add sight's.

gunbuddy

Copper BB
Hello people. I have many Mossberg rifles and shotguns that are new & old. the last one I bought was a 100 ATR Bolt-action in .270. I haven't bought a scope yet for money reasons. I would like to know if there is some way to add regular front and rear sights to this one. It's never been fired yet. Bought it in September this year. thanks for the help and information...Buddygun

Yes there is a way, but it won't be all that cheap.
One way is to have Gun Smith mill in some dove tail slots and slide in some aftermarket sights. Cheapest way, but very do-able.
Second way, and much more expensive, is to change out to different barrel that has installed sights and have it re-headspaced. I believe E R Shaw supplies Mossberg barrels, and if so they are excellent, but most any barrel made nowadays is quite good.
Del

There are many aftermarket sight sets that are available and all you have to do is drill/tap a few screw holes without having to mill the barrel for dovetail type sights. That is a lot more simple and inexpensive than doing millwork.

Back