• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Mossberg 930 SPX with AFG

I have an AFGII on my Sig556 Classic and like it a lot more than I thought I would.

I toyed with the Idea of doing a very similar to OP's modification of the factory forearm, but in the end decided against it. Just because I decided that I'd want the internal nuts sunk flush into the interior surface of the forearm and I wasn't sure there was enough thickness in the forearm to handle stress or blows to the bottom of the AFG. I was also real concerned about screws backing out and releasing the internal nuts into the recoil track and really no amount of Lock-tite could make me totally confident that Murphy wouldn't pull that, right when I needed the shotgun the most.

As others have posted in this thread. I'm just not all that knocked out by the full railed forearms. Preferring instead that the shotgun be lighter and have faster pointing characteristics, rather than more railestate, than I'd ever use. That's just my personal preference. Many here have a totally different view of railed forearms. My view is "I'm carrying a semi auto shotgun, because I want to hit first and hardest in the close range envelope, where being on target first means survival."

Re: Mossberg 930 SPX with AFG

Update:

I have probably close to an additional 200-250 rounds through her since my last post. Everything is still tight with no signs of changing and I am still very happy with the results.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Limbsaver

I purchased the slip on version of the Limbsaver. I put it on my 930 SPX and it saved me from selling the shotgun. That gun has a real kick and the first time I used it I thought I was going to have to sell it.
Now with the Limbsaver added I will enjoy shooting it.

Anyone know what limbsaver part would work well with the choate pistol grip? Honestly the mossberg recoil pad that comes with the Monte Carlo stock is superb, i love it.... but the choate is hard as a rock and made that a waste of a $75 purchase.... I'd love to put on a softer recoil pad and get some use from it.

+1 on the template idea.

Being a little new to the shotgun scene, I have to ask. What purpose does the clamp that goes around the barrel and magazine tube serve?

It provides stability for the tube and helps to prevent it from being bent. The Nordic tube clamp has optional accessory rails on it where you can mount a light or laser or whatever.

I'm having AIMPRO issues on receipt of my 930 forearm that I purchased on August 14. (CC charged). I let several messages in the 'shop' where my calls were transferred, with no response. I finally got through to the shop and Mike on the 4th call, and he looked up my order. Yup, it was there.

But I was told they were having problems with the anodized process on the forearms and they were two weeks behind order schedules. Further advised that it would ship on receipt to their operation. Here it is two weeks later and still no email, or certainly...no forearm.

I'm tempted to cancel the order but honestly, I really want the product. I just have a bad taste in my mouth from lack of service on their part. In my mind, if you don't have the products, don't accept the orders or AT LEAST, don't run the CC charges until you've got stock. Thoughts from anyone in the know?

I can understand your frustrations with AIMPRO but I assure you that you that the wait will be worth it...hang in there.

I appreciate your comments on hanging on...but I'd feel better from a simple email from AIMPRO on their problems with delivery. I can assure you the wait for a paid product is not giving me a fuzzy feeling about doing ANY business with them again.

There "might" be light at the end of the tunnel for you all waiting on AimPro forends. Someone on another board I read posted that they just received one from them.

Hmmmm. Looks like there is absolutely nothing available for the choate pistol grip stock.

Essentially two of the best offerings in the recoil-pad market are the Kickeeze and Limbsaver.

I just put a Kickeeze on my wife's 500 Bantam, but haven't had it out yet.

Kickeeze would probably do more business if they changed their look and website. The website sure doesn't look like a market leader in performance....

Poopypants said:
Anyone know what Limbsaver part would work well with the choate pistol grip? Honestly the Mossberg recoil pad that comes with the Monte Carlo stock is superb, i love it.... but the choate is hard as a rock and made that a waste of a $75 purchase.... I'd love to put on a softer recoil pad and get some use from it.
I put the slip on Limbsaver pad on my 930SPX. This does have the Choate pisto grip and was very hard on my shoulder before I put the extra recoil pad on it. The Limbsaver pad saved the whole shotgun for me.
I am going to take it out to Front Sight soon and give it a real workout.

CDM light mount

I recently got an 930SPX and I have been looking for a light mount. I like the look of the CDM MOD-C in the 930 accessories thread. The sling and light mount in one is a big plus for me. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Missing Picatinny Rail Screws - 930 SPX Blackwater

Hey guys. I saw a few other posts from people with the same issue and was hoping someone may be able give me some advice.

I have had my Mossberg 930 SPX Blackwater for about six months and have shot probably 200 rounds through it so far. A few weeks ago after shooting, I noticed the front two screws that hold the picatinny rail to the top of the gun were missing. The only thing holding the rail on was the single rear sight screw. I have been able to tighten it down enough to keep it from falling off, but I still need to get it fixed right.

After seeing some of the other posts in the forum, I called Mossberg support and they offered to ship me some replacement screws. Awesome news, right? I received the screws a week or so later. They sent me two short screws and two long screws. The short screws that are meant for the front of the rail will not fit into hole. The head on the screws appears to be wider and slightly deeper than the original screws that were there. These new ones are also torque screws where the original screws were slot.

The longer screws they sent are threaded properly and are long enough to fit in the holes, but they also have heads that are slightly too large tighten down all the way.

I have attached pictures of the empty holes, the screws they sent, and what it looks like when I try to use them. The heads are just too wide to go into the rail. I called Mossberg again today and they basically told me I must not know how to use a screwdriver and they would send me more screws. I predict I am going to get the same screws a second time and they still won't fit properly. I really don't want to ship the entire gun to them in order to fix something this simple.

Anybody have any tips? Apologies for the long description.

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 844
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 843
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 843
Re: Missing Picatinny Rail Screws - 930 SPX Blackwater

"I called Mossberg again today and they basically told me I must not know how to use a screwdriver"

Let me guess which representative that would have been, lets seeeeeee, sounds like the rude, condescending experience I had with ROGER.

Re: Missing Picatinny Rail Screws - 930 SPX Blackwater

You are absolutely correct SGT45... Roger it was for certain. I am glad it wasn't just me.

Back