• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Finally got my barrel back

After a couple months of dealings gone bad and waiting for replacements etc.. I finally got my barrel cut and threaded like I wanted. My wife doesn't seem to share my excitement.

Nothing special but here it is anyway:

20121214_133303.jpg

20121214_133336.jpg

Cut to 19.5

Re: Finally got my barrel back

Very nice! I had my M500 security barrel threaded for chokes!
Might I say that I really like the OD Green stock and forend you got there! :D

very nice. great job on the color combo.

Thanks all. The paint I used is pretty great stuff I got it at some little hardware store in Galveston years ago I haven't managed to find any rattle cans that can compare to it

Part number for 930 28" VR PTD barrel and/or where to get it

I have a 930 SPX and was looking for a 28" barrel with a bead sight (like the one that comes with the 930 security/field combo).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Part number for 930 28" VR PTD barrel and/or where to ge

93021 for matte blue 28"
93022 blue
93023 MO New Break-Up
93024 Realtree AP

BTW Saw some Matte Blue's on gunbroker the other day.

kevink2 said:
93021 for matte blue 28"
93022 blue
93023 MO New Break-Up
93024 Realtree AP

BTW Saw some Matte Blue's on gunbroker the other day.

You can call Mossberg directly, but their shipping can be real slow at times. I bought mine from Hinterland Outfitters (Don't know if the board allows links to outside sellers, so I omitted it)... They should be in stock, but given the current climate, I would first call to confirm...

Link away!

We're here to help, not hinder.

(^ That one's for you rip!)

3rd gen spx canted front site?

I recently purchased the 930spx and unfortunately I noticed too late that my front site is off a little. I hav been reading about this problem with the older models and thought I would check mine out. I rested it upside down on its sites and it did wobble a little, I could prob fit few dollar bill underneath the front site. I would say its about a millimeter off. Looking through the GRS I would have to put the wind age all the way to the right just to line it up.
Is this enough of an issue to,call Mossberg and have them take care of it? I've heard horror stories about dealing with them.
Also my magazine spring is 40", and while manually ejecting rounds more then one will usually come out.

I haven't shot it yet, it's been so cold out.

I know a lot of you guys have dealt with these issues, please I need some advise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 219
Re: 3rd gen spx canted front site?

You paid good money for an out-of-spec weapon.

Ultimately it's your call, but I would certainly want Mossberg to make this right if it were mine...

Wanting to modify the stock barrel?

Greeting,

My first post... I regularly shoot IDPA, and have branched out to 3 gun. This 930 SPX is my first shotgun. I have replaced the stock ghost ring rear sight assembly, and installed a EOtech reflex. The reflex is great for shooting with both eyes open, but the front sight assembly is distracting. Can it be removed? or do I need to change the barrel?

If I change the barrel, and move to a 24" rifled barrel, is there an extension for the mag tube to make them close to the same length again? Will bird shot and 00 hurt a slug barrel?

I don't see a 24" matte finish slugger w/o the ISB... Will Mossberg make one?

Thanks
hagatha

Re: Wanting to modify the stock barrel?

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from Central PA! :D

Shooting Birdshot or 00 Buck out of a rifled slug barrel will cause accuracy to suffer greatly. I do not know much about the 930 barrels as to advise removal, however, many members have 930's here and I am sure someone will come along and chime in!

Re: Wanting to modify the stock barrel?

Welcome hagatha.

Your front sight post is silver soldered onto the barrel and can be removed. However, this will require barrel refinishing afterward. As Itsricmo said, rifled barrels are not ideal for shot. The barrel would act as a 24" spreader choke forcing your shot pattern outward in a ring. Even at close distances your shot pattern would look like a donut with little to no impact in the center. As far as custom barrels, you can call Mossberg sales and they can make you a barrel with just about any combination of features you want...

(800) 363-3555

Gen 1 SPX Barrel Advice

Hello all,

I just recently picked up my first 930SPX, and after having a difficult time siting it in, I realized my front sights were canted. Needless to say, I tossed an eotech on it and put a good 400 shells through it without a single issue, and I shot everything. I have done some research, and was told that Mossberg will send me a new gen 3 barrel (thicker walls, and non canted sights). I am worried that by replacing the barrel I will jeopardize that reliability of the rifle. Can anyone give me some input? If I am not concerned about having a canted front sight, what are the benefits of a thicker walled barrel? Also, I tried contacting Mossberg (multiple times) for their opinion, but after giving me a wait time it seems as if the call is dropped.

Thanks in advance!

Back