• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CT School Shooting

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Connecticut School shooting.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/connec ... index.html

I'm really sick of scumbag dipshidiots who do this. Seeing as how Dick Malloy got rid of the death penalty they will get life in prison coddled by our tax dollars. F#*$& that. Bring back public execution. Hang em high......

Re: Connecticut School shooting.

No words can describe. I made sure my boy got off the bus and hugged him. I have tears in my eyes as I write this.

I don't even know the words to describe how I feel. Its an incredible and tragic loss. I'm not yet even angry, but shocked almost numb right now.

This just tears me up. Twice in the past my daughters schools have gone into lock down because of violence. It is hard to stand there outside waiting and hoping to see your child walk out alive and uninjured.

My heart goes out to the families of these children and all the kids affected by this.

I remember when school was the safest place in the world for a child. What the hell happened?

Mike

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families.

Took a while for the news to hit me (no cable TV does have it's downsides). As a parent, the loss these families just experienced is unimaginable and my heart goes out to each one of them. The question of why someone would do this will be brought up often, but I honestly think there is no quantifiable reasoning... just proof that evil and hatred is a present everywhere. I'm sure we will also see repercussions of this event in the near future. Could someone with a CCW have prevented this?.... who knows, but I'm sure the firearm will end up getting more of the blame than the sick bastard using it.

This is terrible. What the hell is wrong with people? My oldest son is the same age as many of these children that were so violently taken from us today. I have no words to even express how the mere thought of loosing my children in any way, let alone in a way such as has happened to day, would make me feel. I can't even begin to imagine. I hope that in some way the parents and families of the victims can make it through this and get the support they need from their community and leaders.

As much as I hate to make this about anything other than the victims of this crime, I'm totally appalled that BHO used his public address to slip this in:

12:19 PM PT: "As a country we have been through this too many times," the president says, listing recent tragedies. "We're going to have to come together to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics."

Every news website I've visited so far that allows comments has turned into "Why hasn't BHO instituted another assault weapons ban?" "Why wont he stand up to the NRA and gun lobby groups?"

Again, I don't want to turn this into a pro-gun rant, but damn it when will people learn that the tools of murders, thieves and out right evil people have nothing to do with their actions. Where did personal responsibility go?

My thoughts are with the family and friends of these victims and I hope that their loss does not become the soap box for which people on either side of this issue use to stand upon.

I am sick to my stomache. 20! Children.....

They are saying the shooter is dead. Also that he had a history of mental unstability....really? How the hell did he get weapons?

This is such a horrible day for my friends in Newtown, Connecticut and the nation.
I am without words at this time.

just makes me sick!!! my prayers go out to everyone effected.

i'm only in my thirties but I now know exactly what my grandfather meant when he said "the world is going to hell in a hand basket". I wish I didn't but I do and it is a harsh reality. evil is real and if anyone believes that taking the guns from law abiding citizens will stop it they are sadly mistaken!!!! did you guys see the news? I'd love to go on and on but for now all I will say is STOCK UP BOYS AND GIRLS before defending yourself and your loved ones becomes illegal!!!!!!

and one more thing, these irresponsible gun owners are ruining it for the rest of us. in the last month in my state we had one jackass who's house was broken into by two unarmed teens. he shot and wounded them both neutralizing the threat which is when he should have called police and his lawyer but instead he shot them several more times and called police the following day. he is facing double murder.
jackass #2: a guy mistakes his granddaughter for an intruder. he shot his 9mm twice missing the first and landing the second in her upper torso. he shot in complete darkness with no verbal attempt to identify her. where is your flashlight dip sh!+???? she is expected to recover.

...... ok sorry I'm done

The Amish one room school shootings around 1996 were 5 miles from here and my kids school went on lock down. Words are unable to describe these things when pure evil is let loose on the innocent.

My prayers go out to those lost, their families and the community.

Of course I feel deep sorrow for the survivors of the victims, we all do, that should go without saying if your human, and as Sneaky has said we don’t want to turn this into a firearms rant but I want to say one thing about it… FU@& GUN FREE ZONES !!!, …….God Dammit this has got to stop ! And it’s going to have to be people in the moment, on scene to stop it! If you have your conceal carry, CARRY ! THESE COWARDS KNOW THERE IS NO ONE TO STOP THEM…..I AM FURRIOUS !

I can only agree with what else has already been stated. The feeling is only numbness towards the event and pure disgust towards the criminal. Prayers certainly go out too those affected by this horrible event that has unfolded this morning. Sick what someone could do and we may never know why.

EDIT: I must add that Anderson Cooper has gained a little respect from me. He himself is refusing to say the shooters name more than once. He did say it once and in almost 40minutes I haven't heard it again. His reason? BECAUSE he doesn't not want to make people think that by doing something like this will make them famous and get their name remembered! AWESOME!!!!! +1 AC!

Take a minute and pray for the familys in conn

I cant imagine what these people are going through right now..... you send your child off to school for the day ,,,, to never see them again,10 yr olds shot. for no reason.

unbelievable, the shooter was the son of a employee supposedly from the same school :cry:

Oli, I agree from start to finish.

I can't do or say anything other than to offer prayers.

I had to turn the tv off a while ago. I'm sure more facts will come out with time but what I've heard so far is the shooters brother said that the shooter had some mental problems. also the guns LEGALLY belonged to his mother. it's terrible that she was shot but I wonder how the "mentally unstable" son got ahold of the guns???

They aren't even 100% sure if he is really "unstable" or had any mental health concerns. That is here-say that neighbors were passing around... that's the last I heard about it

^exactly....the facts will surface in time.

I myself am very greatful and humbled tonight

Back